PDA

View Full Version : Another quality "tool" from Festool.

Frank Pellow
03-23-2005, 10:35 AM
A coffee mug is one of the most important items in my shop and environs. :D This morning, I dropped knocked my Festool mug from a height of about two metres onto the concrete floor in my garage. The mug survived. I knew that it was made of strong porcelain, but I did not know that it was that strong.

Attached are two photos. One of a mug in use and another showing most of my Festool mug "collection".

Jerry Clark
03-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Frank, I guess those Festools are indestructible! I don't have any, maybe I can afford this one!:rolleyes:

Darren Ford
03-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Jerry, those cups are $300 :)

Frank,
I'm pretty sure I don't have any mugs that would survive a fall onto concrete. Pretty amazing that it did. Did it spill the coffee when you dropped it ?

Frank Pellow
03-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Jerry, those cups are $300 :)

Frank,
I'm pretty sure I don't have any mugs that would survive a fall onto concrete. Pretty amazing that it did. Did it spill the coffee when you dropped it ?
Yes, the coffee spilled out ... maybe I should complain ;)

Jeff Sudmeier
03-23-2005, 1:11 PM
That is something! It is funny how sometimes something breakable won't break when it should and others the lightest touch can break them!

David Fried
03-23-2005, 1:19 PM
Amazing! Usually my .59 cent mugs survive and the ten dollar ones break! I see you were checking to make sure the mug was still in square!

Kent Parker
03-23-2005, 2:59 PM
Frank,

Its heart warming to know that even with such a fabulous collection of nice new tools to talk about you still enlighten us with the most important of basic human concerns.....our shop coffee mug. :)

My has been with me for many years and is my companion in thought, design and reflection. Its as important as my trusty block plane.

Cheers,

Kent

Frank Chaffee
03-23-2005, 5:39 PM
Frank,

Please don't complain!!! You know that Bob Marino would stay up all night making it right with you. We need to save his energy for the important stuff, at which he really excels, I must add.

Frank