PDA

View Full Version : Randy at monster tool

Steve bellinger
03-03-2012, 5:47 AM
Just read a post by Vaughn over on a different forum that randy, after making small improvements, has passed away. He says that the daughter and son in law will fill all orders and keep the site open for now. That's about all i know. Thought ya all would like to know.

John Keeton
03-03-2012, 6:28 AM
This is such a huge loss to the turning community - not to mention to the family and close friends of Randy. Such a super guy, excellent fabricator/designer, and always willing to help folks. I hate to hear this. Steve, thanks for letting us know.

Alan Zenreich
03-03-2012, 7:12 AM
This is indeed sad news. I enjoyed talking with Randy. My condolences to his family.

Roger Chandler
03-03-2012, 7:49 AM
So very sorry to hear this sad news. Prayers and thoughts go out in behalf of his family.

thomas prusak
03-03-2012, 7:59 AM
He And his family will be in my prayers.

Alan Trout
03-03-2012, 8:08 AM
very sad indeed, he was a heck of a nice guy that made good products for us to use. My condolences and prayers are with his family.

Alan

Doug W Swanson
03-03-2012, 8:14 AM
I have never met Randy or done business with him but it's still sad when someone passes away. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends....

Steve Vaughan
03-03-2012, 8:19 AM
So sorry. Didn't know him but heard lots about him through many of you. Prayers up for family and friends.

Rex Guinn
03-03-2012, 8:49 AM
I just talked to his daughter yesterday, I ask about Randy and she said he was not doing very well. So sorry for the family's loss.

Steve Schlumpf
03-03-2012, 8:53 AM
Randy was a good friend. I will miss our phone chats, emails and his sense of humor. I had hoped he would regain his health and am heartbroken that instead of seeing him again, I now offer my prayers to his family and friends on our loss.

God bless you Randy. You will be remembered and you will be missed.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-03-2012, 9:07 AM
My sincere condolences to his family and many friends!

Ken Glass
03-03-2012, 9:07 AM
Randy will be missed by many. He was a real Craftsman and a really great person. The many times I had contact with him were always filled with fun and great conversation. He was also a very giving individual. Our prayers are with his family at this time of such great loss.

Ted Calver
03-03-2012, 9:09 AM
I'm deeply saddened. Condolences to all those who knew and loved him.

Greg Just
03-03-2012, 9:20 AM
This truly is sad news. His family will be in my prayers.

Bernie Weishapl
03-03-2012, 10:25 AM
It is truly sad indeed. He was a gentleman and a friend. I will miss the phone calls and chats. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Rich Aldrich
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Sorry to hear the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. I did not have the chance to meet Randy, but I would have liked to meet him. I hope his daughter and son in law keep the business going for a long time. Randy certainly designed and built nice equipment.

Faust M. Ruggiero
03-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I never met Randy in person but I know he was highly thought of by this community. As all of you, I extend my sincere condolences to his family and to those of you who called him a friend.
faust

Dick Mahany
03-03-2012, 10:38 AM
This is truly sad news and my condolences go out to his family. He was a great and talented craftsman and built an excellent tool rest for me a few years back. He will truly be missed.

Pete Jordan
03-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Very sad news. Randy was a great guy!

Randy Privett
03-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Thank you all so much for your kind and caring words about my father! He truly loved what he did and all that he had the chance to meet over the years! My husband and I will continue to get orders out, and do what we can. There will be some modifications to the website of course. Our knowledge is not as extensive as his of course, but we will learn!

Thank you all again, God Bless

Michelle and Todd Matejka

John Keeton
03-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Michelle, so good to have you respond. Randy was one of a kind, but he has left a legacy in the turning world that is worth the effort to keep it going. I do hope that you and Todd are able to pick up the pieces and go forward with Monster Lathe Tools. You, and the business, are important to us. I think your father would have understood that, and would wish for that.

My best for you and your family. You have been and will continue to be in our prayers.

Josh Bowman
03-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I feel very sad of the loss of Randy, he did a quality job in promoted the ability of turners to do HF's. My prayers go out to his Widow and love ones.

Steve Kubien
03-03-2012, 11:18 AM
The turning world has lost a good man. Michelle, I am very sorry for your loss.

Reed Gray
03-03-2012, 11:18 AM
I will add my name to the long list of people who will miss him. A good man. The quality of his work was a reflection of the quality of the man.

robo hippy

Allan Ferguson
03-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Sorrow and loss. Only spoke to him one time. Easy to connect to as a person on the phone. His passing on top of the fact that today I am going to the memorial service for my turning friend today is hard to take. His family has my condolences. I had hoped to visit on a trip this spring.

BILL DONAHUE
03-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Sorry to hear the sad news and my condolences go out to this fine man's family. I dealt with Randy by phone several times while purchasing his system and always enjoyed our conversations. A terrific guy!

Bill Bolen
03-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I was shocked to see Vaughn's post as the last I had read Randy was home and on the phone with a few friends. An honorable man who will be sorely missed.

Brian Effinger
03-03-2012, 12:06 PM
That is very sad news. My thougths are with his family.
I too had heard (probably here) that he was making progress, so I check his website yesterday or the day before, and saw the 6 week message was gone. It had gotten my hopes up that he was doing better. I only had one interaction with him via email a year ago, but from what everyone says about him, he was a helluva guy, and will be missed.

George Guadiane
03-03-2012, 12:16 PM
My heart goes out to Randy and his family. They've had it hard the last few years.
I pray that the family is able to heal and go on.

Dan Forman
03-03-2012, 12:33 PM
My thoughts and condolences go out to Randy's family. My experiences dealing with him were always positive and pleasant. I'm sure he will be missed.

Dan

Brian McInturff
03-03-2012, 2:01 PM
Not what I wanted to read when I logged on today. Randy was a good man. I talked with him on several occasions and felt like we had a friendship even though we had never met. He will truly be missed and I feel like I lost a friend. Randy's whole family will be in my prayers.. Sad and miserable day indeed.

Earl DesRoches
03-03-2012, 3:11 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news of Randy. I have only talk with him a couple of times over the phone.
He will be missed by woodturners every where.

Dan Hintz
03-03-2012, 3:52 PM
A sad day, indeed... :(

Bill Wyko
03-03-2012, 4:01 PM
My prayers are with him and his family. He was a very important member to the world of wood turning. He will be missed by all of us. God bless you Randy, rest in peace.

David DeCristoforo
03-03-2012, 4:16 PM
I did not know Randy but he was always fair in his dealings with me. I know he was very personally involved with the making of the tools that so many of us use in our work. So, perhaps he will live on in that way. It must be exceptionally difficult for his family and loved ones.

charlie knighton
03-03-2012, 4:50 PM
sorry to hear of the loss, missed but not forgotten

John W Dixon
03-03-2012, 6:01 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Mark Hubl
03-03-2012, 6:47 PM
It is always sad news to hear that someone in our community has passed. I had no interaction with Randy but it sounds like he was a heck of a guy and the embodiment of what this community is about. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends tonight.

Peter Elliott
03-03-2012, 7:17 PM
Some days you need to stop the fast pace of life and reflect on one mans good deed to others. Randy, I would say from the comments posted here that you made a difference. Big or small, it change people on how people went about turning and the enjoyment your products added to that.

Just a week ago, I ordered my Monster. It will definitely be used with Randy in spirit. Michelle, I hope you can find some peace here on SMC. Randy was truly a humble man who just wanted to help others through his products.

Rest in peace Randy and I hope your family finds comfort from the support given here.

Fred Belknap
03-03-2012, 8:30 PM
I only talked to Randy on the phone a couple of times and it was a pleasant experience. Our loss as wood turners is great but pale in comparison to the loss to his family. May you find peace and strength.

Jeff Paxton
03-03-2012, 9:13 PM
Randy was so helpful with my hollowing system a few years back. A man of integrity. Praying for your family.

Jeff

Scott Hackler
03-03-2012, 9:47 PM
It's always so sad to loose someone who truly made a difference in the world. Randy's tools helped countless turners achieve their desire of hollowing without the physical and mental stress involved (most of the time) with hand hollowing. I feel sad to have missed the chance to ever meet him and now the world is worse off without him. Rest in peace Randy.

Kathy Marshall
03-03-2012, 10:40 PM
A sad day. I didn't know Randy personally, but from all I have heard about him I know he was very well liked and respected in the turning community. He will be greatly missed but also well remembered. My sincere condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.

Tim Rinehart
03-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Very sad news...I had read his condition was critical, but I think we were all optimistic he'd pull through. Thoughts and prayers to his family and circle of friends as well as all those he helped in the turning community.

David E Keller
03-04-2012, 12:02 AM
I spent the better part of the day today with my Monster articulated rig, and I couldn't help but think about Randy's passing… He's certainly left one hell of a legacy in the woodturning world with his wonderful tools. I'm sorry I never got to meet him, but I'm certainly proud that I have a little piece of his handiwork in my shop.

Rick Markham
03-04-2012, 2:30 AM
My deepest, sincerest condolences to Randy's family! I never met Randy personally, but he had definitely taken care of me when I ordered my Monster. I will say it is one heck of a legacy he made... to influence an art is to be truly immortal. I will certainly think of him every time I see/use my monster rig. His tools have opened up avenues to many of us that wouldn't have been available. It shows in our work. See you at the big lathe in the sky Randy, Rest in Peace...

I think to leave a legacy and touch so many people (in a purely positive way) is an amazing thing, and it reminds me of an Albert Einstein quote:
‎"The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation from the self" -Albert Einstein

Roland Martin
03-04-2012, 6:41 AM
My sincere condolences to Michelle, Todd and family for thier loss. A very sad day indeed for many, many people. My thoughts and prayers are with you and wish you all the best.

Russell Eaton
03-04-2012, 7:53 AM
I can't add anything that has not been said already. Rest in peace Randy.

Nathan Hawkes
03-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Rest in Peace Randy. Your contributions and service to the turning community will not soon be forgotten.

Neil Longhenry
03-04-2012, 4:13 PM
Rest in Peace Randy. Although I never had any personal interactions with him, I have only heard positive words here and on other forums. It is always uplifting to hear of a man of integrity and such a loss when we lose one. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Neil

James Combs
03-04-2012, 7:28 PM
A very sad day for all.

Don Orr
03-04-2012, 9:08 PM
Very sad news. I was hoping he would bounce back. My sincere condolences and deepest sympathy to his family.

Rob Cunningham
03-07-2012, 1:10 PM
This is sad news. My deepest condolences to Randy's family and friends.