PDA

View Full Version : Everyone ok?

Dick Wilson
03-02-2012, 9:14 PM
Just wondering if fellow Creekers in the states affected by the tornados are OK?? Sure hope so. What a mess.

Jamie Donaldson
03-02-2012, 9:21 PM
We dodged another bullet here in the Lexington KY area, as for the second time this week most of the severe storms passed below the I-64 E~W boundry.

charlie knighton
03-02-2012, 9:43 PM
not affected here in the foothills of va, suppose to get good soaking tonight, wish for your safe deliverance in these times of weather upheavals

Ron Jones near Indy
03-02-2012, 9:52 PM
We are fine here in the Indy area; but the southern part of Indiana is not doing well. In the area of an east/west band between Scottsburg and Louisville the death count is approaching 15 the last I heard. At least one small town was flattened. My thoughts and prayers go out to those in the path of the twisters.

Steve Schlumpf
03-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I had an email from John Keeton... he and his family are doing fine. Storm went North of them. My heart goes out to all those affected by the storm system!

ray hampton
03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I do not know about southern Kentucky storm -wise but northern KY and the two states due north [Ohio & Indiana ]took a good hit from a number of twisters, the news stations starting their report about 3:00PM and they are still talking at 10:30 PM

brian watts
03-02-2012, 10:46 PM
this weather if un-real today. today at work was the first big storm . we heard the train sound people talk about hearing but missing us by a 1/2 mile but the wind was blowing 70 +. fast. after that i had enough of work and came home.lol..fast forward to the evening one storm, came 1hr before dark and some one saw the twister in that one . i was about two miles from the house. 11 pm now and i can still hear thunder outside . just hope everything will be ok tonight.

Vince Welch
03-02-2012, 11:25 PM
The town of Henryville is about 8 minutes\10 miles from my place and it is gone!!!! Flattened.. No more!! It was a rough day!!! I dodged a bullett today and am grateful!!! Thoughts and prayers to those just up the road from me please... Vince

Bernie Weishapl
03-02-2012, 11:53 PM
I hope everyone is ok. It looks like Indiana and Ohio got hammered. Glad to hear you are ok Vince.

Tim Rinehart
03-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Hey Vince, sorry to hear how close that devastation was to you, but glad to hear it skirted you. Just an awful system...has me up later than normal just trying to get good visual of the path before going to sleep. Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by the storm.

Kathy Marshall
03-03-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm glad to hear of Creekers that have dodged the bullet and thoughts and prayers go out to those not so fortunate and I hope the weather settles down tomorrow.

Gary Max
03-03-2012, 6:31 AM
Lots of really bad weather missed us by a couple miles---------talk about being lucky.

Greg Just
03-03-2012, 9:43 AM
terrible storm. this morning the death toll was upto 31 and more bad weather predicted further east today. Keep an eye on the sky and say a prayer for those impacted.

Jon Shank
03-03-2012, 10:27 AM
We're here in Chattanooga and according to the weather folks and the radar we had one go right over the house. Heard some pretty hellacious wind for about 5 minutes at one point but that's all we noticed. Got a few limbs down and that sort of thing, but nothing big enough to turn yet, heh. Oh and the power went out for all of 5 minutes at one point, so not bad all things considered, had it out for 2 days last time we had the big storms.

New guy on here by the by, just been lurking for the most part, so hello folks.

Jon

Rich Aldrich
03-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Jon welcome to the creek. Sounds like you had a close one. Glad you and your family are ok. It might be a blessing that it didnt knock anything down large enough to turn.

Jon Shank
03-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks Rich. I'm sure it is good, but sometimes we just have to find humor where we can.

Jon

Mike Peace
03-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I figure it went right over my house in the Northern suburbs of Atlanta according to the weather maps they were showing but no damage. I had the family spend a few minutes in the basement "shelter". We have a sauna in the basement which is approximately a six foot cube inside a bathroom next to a foundation wall. I figure we would be fairly safe no matter what size tree fell on us or if the house was flattened.

Mark Hubl
03-03-2012, 6:43 PM
Glad to hear that so many Creekers are OK. The devastation is unbelievable and so many have been so impacted. Our prayers go out to all that have lost so much. I hope Mother Nature is ready to take a break.

Josh Bowman
03-03-2012, 7:39 PM
Here in Spring City, TN (above Chattanooga) we had one 8 miles to the north, but otherwise missed the mess that hit the town last year and took out a few houses.