PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning small pond

Eduard Nemirovsky
03-02-2012, 7:02 PM
I wish I never dig this pond:mad:. But it is done, quite long time ago ( 5 years). Now I need to clean it.:mad:
I am thinking to buy a Mini Dust Collection Separator from a Woodcraft and connect my wet/dry vac to one and hose to another outlet.
Do you think it will work?:confused::confused:
I don't want to use just a wet/dry vac, because after all mess it will never come back to shop:(

What do you think guys?

Ed.:eek:

Joe Pelonio
03-02-2012, 8:20 PM
Does it have a fountain or waterfall? I simply remove the tubing from my waterfall and replace the filter with another piece of hose, and such out most of the gunk and water. I do leave enough for the fish, then fill it back up and it clears up within a few hours. I normally do this every spring.

Eduard Nemirovsky
03-02-2012, 8:47 PM
Thanks, Joe. But my pond not so small - about 6000 gallons. I have two big filters in two boxes, water run continuously thru it. But now I need to remove all leaves on bottom of the pond and all gunk from the bottom.
Ed.

Joe Pelonio
03-02-2012, 10:37 PM
I suppose mine is about 300 gallons.

After having some fish become dinner for a heron, I keep a mesh (deer fencing) over it and that catches the leaves. Maybe rent a gas powered pump? Better yet buy a sump pump made for sewage. I bought one once for $85 but I see now they are more like $150.