PDA

View Full Version : Our Beads of Courage project.........

Jamie Donaldson
03-02-2012, 2:29 PM
... of the BAW(Bluegrass Area Woodturners) was the meeting program last night, and we had a talk from the UK Hospital Pediatric Oncology Socialworker as the highlight of the meeting (in the dark jacket on R). Some of the Beads of Courage contributions are displayed, and the talk really highlighted the value of this very worthwhile program for children in treatment for life threatening diseases. I learned about this program last year before SWAT in Waco, and brought the idea back to my local clubs, and encourage all of you to investigate your possible participation as individuals or groups. It's for the kids!

Bill White
03-02-2012, 3:31 PM
Given that there were some old guys in the pic, there were some very nice turnings and a pretty lady .. More pics of the turnings and great ladies. Less of the old spinney fellers. Didja se my smilie?
Just kidding.
Bill

Steve Vaughan
03-02-2012, 3:32 PM
That's really cool. I went on to the website to see if any of our area hospitals are involved with the program. Just feel like this is a cool thing to do.

Steve Campbell
03-02-2012, 4:09 PM
What a great project to get involved with. I am going to have to check around here and see if there is a need. Thanks for doing this.

Steve

John Keeton
03-02-2012, 8:29 PM
I would add that Jamie took this pic prior to the start of the meeting and about 5-6 more came in afterward. Excellent start to our project!

ray hampton
03-02-2012, 9:22 PM
is the UK hospital the only one in Lexington that are involve in this program , how many hospital in Lexington ?

Jamie Donaldson
03-02-2012, 9:37 PM
There are quite a few big hospitals in the area, but the KY Children's Hospital is the only one that was participating in the BoC program. A member of our chapter is a retired surgeon, and he has been the liaison between chapter and hospital staff.