PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui Payment

jordan matthai
03-02-2012, 10:02 AM
I am about to order a laser from shenhui laser and an a little concerned over their payment request. I have been working with Blanca Yan. In the past they have said that paypal is fine and now they are requesting payment directly to their bank account due to STA/Chinese Customs. Another concern is the payment terms. They are requesting 100% payment upfront. I would prefer 50% down, 50% after leaving port, but they are telling me it is against their company's rule. I would rather not send $6000+ to a foreign country and just hope they ship me a laser cutter. Anyone have any suggestions?

Dan Simone
03-02-2012, 10:21 AM
I just purchase mine in December and I was able to give them 30% up front and then give them the other 70% upon receiving the BOL(bill of lading). Unless they had something happen recently that changed, that has been the experience of many others as well. Also, it looks like you are in North America so usually Pascal handles these orders from what I have seen. The one thing I can say is that my order arrived minus a few extras that are promised to be shipped out now. All the major important extras as well as the main laser machine came as expected.

Khalid Nazim
03-02-2012, 11:02 AM
I paid 30% on order and 70% on BOL. All payments were wire transfers. My machine came as ordered and included all the spares. However, Shenhui's tech and customer support since I received my machine has been exceptional. I was experiencing some issues with the laser head assembly and they sent me a replacement via courier in 3 days with extra mirrors and lenses - all free. Their tech support is always available on Skype and has been able to sort out all my issues.

So if I have to buy another machine from Shenhui and they ask me to send 100% payment I would not hesitate to do that. If you are uncomfortable with that, ask them for 30% upfront and the rest on BOL.

Regards

Dan Hintz
03-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I am about to order a laser from shenhui laser...

it looks like you are in North America so usually Pascal handles these orders...

Are you sure you placed your order with THE Shenhui?

Rodne Gold
03-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Blanca Yan is one of the sales reps - I dealt with her. Ask them why they are not doing the usual 30/70 if you concerned..I elected to pay em 100% up front for both my machines and I got em :)

Mark Sipes
03-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Which model of laser are you interested in buying???

Rich Harman
03-02-2012, 5:38 PM
Based upon my experience, Blanca will not handle North American sales. I tried, and she referred me to Pascal.

I have had no problem making partial payments on either machine, or using PayPal.

If you are asked to wire money, and the destination does not match below, I would be very concerned.

BANK DETAILS:
ACCOUNT NAME: LIAOCHENG SHENHUI LASER EQUIPMENT CO., LTD
BANK: LIAOCHENG BRANCH, BANK OF CHINA
A/C NO. 40540 20912 28093 001
SWIFT CODE: BKCHCNBJ500
BANK ADD: NO. 135 DONGCHANG ROAD, LIAOCHENG, SHANDONG, CHINA

jordan matthai
03-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Blanca Yan is one of the sales reps - I dealt with her. Ask them why they are not doing the usual 30/70 if you concerned..I elected to pay em 100% up front for both my machines and I got em :)
She has been easy to work with and always responds quickly. She offered the 30/70 ONLY if I use their shipping company.

Which model of laser are you interested in buying???
I am looking to buy the SH-G1280-RECI 80W.

Based upon my experience, Blanca will not handle North American sales. I tried, and she referred me to Pascal.

I have had no problem making partial payments on either machine, or using PayPal.

If you are asked to wire money, and the destination does not match below, I would be very concerned.

BANK DETAILS:
ACCOUNT NAME: LIAOCHENG SHENHUI LASER EQUIPMENT CO., LTD
BANK: LIAOCHENG BRANCH, BANK OF CHINA
A/C NO. 40540 20912 28093 001
SWIFT CODE: BKCHCNBJ500
BANK ADD: NO. 135 DONGCHANG ROAD, LIAOCHENG, SHANDONG, CHINA

The bank details are the same but the account number is different. Here is the info I was given:

ACCOUNT NAME: LIAOCHENG SHENHUI LASER EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD

BANK: LIAOCHENG BRANCH,BANK OF CHINA

A/C NO. 237702397087

SWIFT CODE:BKCHCNBJ500

BANK ADD:NO. 135 DONGCHANG ROAD,LIAOCHENG,SHANDONG,CHINA

Rich Harman
03-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I did the 30/70 thing and did not use their shipping company. Maybe there have been a bunch of changes at Shenhui...

Uros Sovilj
03-03-2012, 2:31 AM
I paid 100% in advance and had no truble.

Rich Harman
03-03-2012, 4:13 AM
I talked with Blanca via Skype and she knows who Jordan is. The company policies have indeed changed. Blanca (maybe the others too) can now handle sales world wide.

They require 100% payment only if you are arranging the shipping. If they are shipping it, you can pay 30% down because they maintain control of the shipment.

You can use PayPal but they prefer that you don't. PayPal takes a significant amount in fees.

So,

PayPal is okay but they lose money if you use it.

30% down is okay if they arrange shipping.

jordan matthai
03-03-2012, 1:22 PM
I talked with Blanca via Skype and she knows who Jordan is. The company policies have indeed changed. Blanca (maybe the others too) can now handle sales world wide.

They require 100% payment only if you are arranging the shipping. If they are shipping it, you can pay 30% down because they maintain control of the shipment.

You can use PayPal but they prefer that you don't. PayPal takes a significant amount in fees.

So,

PayPal is okay but they lose money if you use it.

30% down is okay if they arrange shipping.

Thanks for the information Rich. I'll have to decide what route I would like to go. I would even be willing to pay the $235 transaction fee they are charged on top of the machine cost for paypal. It just seems a bit too risky to me to wire the 100% payment overseas and have no way of getting my money back if I never receive the laser.

Rich Harman
03-03-2012, 2:19 PM
Are you sure that PayPal offers protection when sending money overseas?

jordan matthai
03-05-2012, 2:44 AM
Thanks for your input. I about ready to order. I am planning to use their 30/70 payment with their shipping. Their shipping quote was only $150 which seams ridiculously cheap. It is being shipped to LA. Anyone have an idea of actual shipping charges? Also curious, what have others paid on top of the machine cost for tarrifs, customs, freight etc?

Rodne Gold
03-05-2012, 3:18 AM
I would organise my own shippers and forwarders for this - door to door , rather than use theirs , $150 is way too little . Cost me round 10x that to get 2 crates to Cape Town , South Africa. $1000-1500 seems to be the general cost being pessemistic. I wouldn't worry about the 100% up front thing if thats the reason you using their shippers. You can always fly to china and beat em up if you get scammed ... :)

Rich Harman
03-05-2012, 6:33 AM
I've posted before what my costs were for each machine. Off the top of my head I think the last one was around $800 door to door for everything.

Eric Ucci
03-07-2012, 8:46 PM
Jordan,
For what its worth, I just ordered 2 machines from Shenhui and they arrived today (thats why I'm back digging in through the forums ;P). I bought a SH-1490 150w reci, & a SH-690 standard 60w. I payed via Paypal
Paypal will charge roughly 4% of the transaction. So, if you send 10,000 to shenhui via paypal they will receive 9,600. I made my down payment just before Xmas 2011. The machines got held up in Elizabeth NJ for about 3 wks in customs & FDA clearance. They beat the hell out of one of the crates.
Anyhoo, aside from a couple missing extra parts, which I expect to clear up with Beata, it all seams to have been properly packed by Shenhui. The SH-690 appears to have gotten "racked" in transit. I'm examining my options.
FYI, I dealt with Beata Wang. I had a couple very confusing conversations with her via video skype and decided to text only from that point on. Once we stuck with texting everything went more smoothly. I asked to deal with Blanca and was old that it wasn't possible.
So, now I've got these 2 machines and its time to figure out how the hell they work! LOL