PDA

View Full Version : Ya gotta LOVE shopping locally!

Royce Meritt
03-01-2012, 3:09 PM
Thought I would pass along a nice story (sorry it's so long)...

My woodturning club was doing demonstrations at a local Tool & Equipment store. This store does A LOT of business with very large contractors and businesses. However, they know how to take care of the "little guy" as well. I've done business with this store for a LOOONG time and know most everyone that works there on a first name basis.

Early in the day I was visiting with an employee. (Not one of the "salesmen" but another employee. He's the guy who assembles machines for floor models, etc.) He hands me a coupon that was in the paper a couple days before. $10 off any purchase of $30 or more. He says, being an employee he can't use it but someone should. I stuck the coupon in my pocket. Throughout the day I picked up a couple of things and put them on one of the salesmen's desk to pay for later.

At the end of the day I was ready to pay for my stuff. The salesman and I started wheeling and dealing on a Trend Airshield Pro that they were no longer going to stock. It had been on the shelf for a couple years and he wanted to get rid of it. He ended up selling it to me for their cost just to get rid of it. That was nice, huh?

Here's where it gets really nice. I forgot all about the $10 coupon. When I reached in my pocket to put my credit card away I found the coupon. I said, "Oh shoot I forgot to use the coupon. Oh well, you've already rang up the credit card I don't feel like making you have to cancel that transaction and start over for $10".

The salesman says, "Give me the coupon." He punches some keys on his computer and walks over to the cash register. He comes back and hands me a $10 bill.

I thought that was pretty cool!

Steve Busey
03-01-2012, 3:41 PM
Smart move on his part - he knows you'll be back some day to pend that $10 bill and more! Great gloats, BTW!

Bill Wyko
03-01-2012, 7:17 PM
$10.00 bucks got you to write this thread. That's a pretty good investment in customer service. Next time you need something I'm sure they will be the first shop that comes to mind. Money well spent.

Bill Hensley
03-01-2012, 7:57 PM
Now that's a good story and congrats to you!