PDA

View Full Version : Help with configuring Corel X5 and Laserworks/RDCam5.1.02

Jimmy Phillips
03-01-2012, 9:17 AM
I tried searching for the answer but could not find it so please accept my apology if this has already been covered.

Anyways, I am trying to get my new SH-G690 up and running and I am having the following trouble:

I have Corel X5 Suite, which when installed has the Visual Basic Application installed.

I installed the Laserworks software and I selected CorelLaser as the option from the dropdown.

But when I follow the instructions for getting the plug-in working in Corel Draw I see the following:

There is no option as specified in the manual from Shenhui for Laserworks/Corel.

In addition I have the following options when installing Laserworks:

I think I understand Locate install path (is this install path to install Laserworks or is this the install path of my coreldraw?), but do I select Pen drawing lines and plug laserwork?

I tried all these and still nothing in Coreldraw.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

Jimmy

Jimmy Phillips
03-01-2012, 9:22 AM
Ok,

I just tried selecting the install path of coreldraw and it asked me what version. So I said X5, but when I start X5 I still can not see the plug-in.

Arghhhh....what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Mike Null
03-01-2012, 9:54 AM
I am not familiar with your machine or driver but you've referred to VB and plug-ins. Does that mean you're trying to install a macro?

Go to >tools.workspace options.>vba, and plug-ins and see if you can find any idea there.

john banks
03-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Install path is where CorelDraw is installed. Plug laserwork if enabled brings up the full Laserwork from CorelDraw which I prefer.

The first step you showed didn't require doing on my X5. It may be that after installing you have to go through the tools...macro manager and find the macro and run "userinit" or similar.

Are you on Windows 7?

Happy to give more help on Skype in about 90 mins when I'm home, send me a PM if I can help more.

john banks
03-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Tools...macros...macromanager

Then choose the Globalmacros that is not bold (usually the lower one), expand it, then expand RLaserV5 and double click UserInit to run it. Then you should get two new icons in a floating toolbar which you can drag to the main toolbar. Then when you click the green arrow it should launch LaserWork.

john banks
03-01-2012, 11:56 AM

See attached.

Jimmy Phillips
03-01-2012, 2:04 PM
John,

That worked!

Thanks to all for helping.

BTW.....Did you just figure it out on your own or is there some guidance/instructions that I did not get/receive?

I am no way a Corel Expert but darn.....this must be part of that chinglish issue. lol

Thanks,

Jimmy

john banks
03-01-2012, 2:37 PM
I've been working quite a lot on the workings of this plug in. Not had much more chance to do more but work is underway to make a printer driver that will allow a similar launching of Laserwork with your data embedded from the print feature in any Windows application. The concept is proven, it needs polish, finish and glue (which is probably 90% of the job ;) ).

Between us I think we have most/all of the settings in the whole Shenhui thing sorted, (except I didn't work out how to change the date on the machine), so feel free to discuss further.

Steven Cox
03-01-2012, 7:35 PM
I've been working quite a lot on the workings of this plug in. Not had much more chance to do more but work is underway to make a printer driver that will allow a similar launching of Laserwork with your data embedded from the print feature in any Windows application. The concept is proven, it needs polish, finish and glue (which is probably 90% of the job ;) ).

Between us I think we have most/all of the settings in the whole Shenhui thing sorted, (except I didn't work out how to change the date on the machine), so feel free to discuss further.

hmmm I want this, So if I can help in any way let me PM me, might be able to help with the polish/finish on the graphics side or be a guinea pig.