PDA

View Full Version : I think this might be useful to some ....

Tim Boger
03-01-2012, 8:18 AM
I have found this useful, perhaps some here will also.

Printable papers (http://www.printablepaper.net/)

Belinda Barfield
03-01-2012, 8:50 AM
Thanks for sharing! I found the Cricket score sheet particularly useful. :D

Bob Lloyd
03-01-2012, 9:45 AM
I booked marked the page, thanks for the link. Belinda, the first one I downloaded was the cricket score sheet. Having played through school and early adult, it has been so long since I have seen one; not too many cricket teams here in USA!!

Van Huskey
03-01-2012, 9:59 AM
Funny enough I have always wanted to learn the game of cricket. Not to play but to watch. I love most sports and pretty much any of them you can find on TV, it seems the only cricket I can find on TV is pay per view matches like England vs India. I understand why those cost significant money to watch because of their importance. I would be happy with three year olf matches between New South Wales and Queensland or the like. I did "see" a cricket match once while in the stands for the Montreal Formula 1 Gran Prix, the track is in a big park and they were playing in a field.

Thanks for the link I bookmarked it.

Don Jarvie
03-01-2012, 3:27 PM
Great site.

Greg Portland
03-02-2012, 1:51 PM
Funny enough I have always wanted to learn the game of cricket. Not to play but to watch. I love most sports and pretty much any of them you can find on TV, it seems the only cricket I can find on TV is pay per view matches like England vs India. I understand why those cost significant money to watch because of their importance. I would be happy with three year olf matches between New South Wales and Queensland or the like. I did "see" a cricket match once while in the stands for the Montreal Formula 1 Gran Prix, the track is in a big park and they were playing in a field.

Thanks for the link I bookmarked it.
Find the local bar that shows these matches (and where the cricket fans hang out). While the basic rules are online there are a lot of nuances in the game. In my area of the country there are a lot of folks from Australia, NZ, GB, and India who are more than happy to 'talk cricket'.

harry hood
03-02-2012, 3:05 PM
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The "game" of cricket is actually an elaborate hoax that has been maintained for centuries now. The rules, such as they are, are just made up as they go. The matches just end when the players get bored or run out of tea and some random numbers are presented as a score. Don't tell anybody, I could get in a lot of trouble for telling you about this.

Caspar Hauser
03-02-2012, 5:22 PM
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The "game" of cricket is actually an elaborate hoax that has been maintained for centuries now. The rules, such as they are, are just made up as they go. The matches just end when the players get bored or run out of tea and some random numbers are presented as a score. Don't tell anybody, I could get in a lot of trouble for telling you about this.

Much like American Football then.

harry hood
03-02-2012, 7:07 PM
With the exception of the wool, tea, and centuries of tradition and the addition of ridiculous equipment, exactly.