PDA

View Full Version : Really nice little box........ for drill bits?????

Bill Huber
02-29-2012, 9:37 PM
I like nice things and I like to take care of my tools but here of late I have gotten some things in boxes that were just flat an over kill. The boxes that some of this stuff comes in takes up so much space and waste most if it.

Why can they just put these things in a nice fitting simple box, they could cut the cost a little and not waste so much space in my shop.

Now take this box, I know its not made out of the finest hardwood but it looks good. It has a nice hinge and a mag latch. The foam inside it really nice but again, it is wasting more space then is needed to store the bits. I don't need a box I can put on the dresser and put jewelry in, I just need a small box to put in a drawer.

Ok, I will get off the soap box, but I just can't see wasting all of this stuff.

225776 225777

frank shic
02-29-2012, 9:55 PM
well, that looks light years ahead of where i'm storing mine: a metabox drawer with a melamine front lol

Bill Huber
02-29-2012, 9:59 PM
well, that looks light years ahead of where i'm storing mine: a metabox drawer with a melamine front lol

Well these are now in a small metal box that takes 1/3 of the space. The grand daughter is getting the box, the black foam came out really easy and the box is lined with a felt, now it is going to be a little jewelry box.

Van Huskey
02-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Very nice box! I love my tooling but not that much! Glad to here the box will be well loved!

Adrian Anguiano
03-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Because it costs them nothing and they can up charge you :)

I like wooden boxes, but prefer a hardwood without stain. I also try to keep my shop clean. I'm sure you are more utilitarian. More military. Pack light and only need a cot kinda guy.