PDA

View Full Version : Laser engraving rubber stamps?!?!

Annette Plamondon
02-29-2012, 4:36 PM
I have NEVER done this before and I have never even seen it done before, so I know nothing! :) I tried getting info about settings from the company and I was not very successful. I ordered the RUS001 from Laserbits and I don't even know where to begin. I know it needs to be reversed and "knocked out", not sure about proper terminology. I have for setting from another site; 100% power, 15 speed to engrave and to cut out 100% power and 20 speed. I am not even sure if there is a correct side to engrave on? Can anyone help me please and thank you!

Mike Null
02-29-2012, 4:47 PM
Annette

I'm quite sure your machine has a rubber stamp mode. If it does then the rubber stamp mode will adjust your artwork for you. You'll need to set your power and speed but start with a setting similar to what you would use for wood.

George D Gabert
02-29-2012, 5:37 PM
Here is a link to Laser bits rubber stamp stch sheet. it does not include power settings but give a good guide on how to do stamps.

http://www.laserbits.com/images/LaserResources/TechTipsandFeatureStories/TECHTIP_PDFs/TECHTIP_RubberStamps.pdf

I ran several test pieces to get my settings correct. I even ran the image twice to get the recess I liked.

Regards
GDG