PDA

View Full Version : Readily Available Water Based Products that meet KCMA Performance Standards

John TenEyck
02-29-2012, 10:03 AM
I must be lame. If I would have just read a little deeper I would have known that 3 out of the 4 clear coats listed by General Finishes on page in the link meet KCMA requirements. I don't remember anyone else mentioning these products either when people have asked for help finding a waterbased product for kitchen cabinets, so maybe we've all learned something here. Anyway, one or more of these products should be available at your local Rockler or Woodcraft store, or from Homestead Finishing or others on-line.

Note: I have no affiliation with General Finishes

http://www.generalfinishes.com/professional-products/water-base-topcoats-and-sanding-sealers

Click on the Tech Data Sheet or Performance Data Sheet for the product of interest.

John

Scott Holmes
02-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Good info John. Thanks for doing the research.

I don't normally use GF products but I will give them a try and see how they perform. Since Jeff Jewitt sells them almost exclusively; I suspect they will be very good finishes.

John TenEyck
02-29-2012, 5:49 PM
Scott, your comparison of one or more of the GF products with the pro ones you normally use would be very helpful. I look forward to reading your impressions and maybe seeing some comparative results.

John