PDA

View Full Version : Can't add photos, edit or delete a post using Safari

Rich Harman
02-29-2012, 1:55 AM
Something changed just today. I cannot use Safari to edit posts, delete them or add photos. I can create a post in Safari but the tool bar for adding images, urls etc just does not appear. When I attempt to edit I can type in the changes but when I click the "Save" button, nothing happens. Also, line breaks are not recognized. To demonstrate I will copy the text of this post and submit it using Safari.

I have rebooted the computer and it made no difference. FireFox however works just fine.

Rich Harman
02-29-2012, 1:55 AM
Something changed just today. I cannot use Safari to edit posts, delete them or add photos. I can create a post in Safari but the tool bar for adding images, urls etc just does not appear. When I attempt to edit I can type in the changes but when I click the "Save" button, nothing happens. Also, line breaks are not recognized. To demonstrate I will copy the text of this post and submit it using Safari.I have rebooted the computer and it made no difference. FireFox however works just fine.

Keith Outten
02-29-2012, 8:02 AM
Rich,

I have an Imac in my office but I don't have time this morning to check out the problem. I will take a look this evening and see if I can reproduce the issue.
Possibly a recent update to either our vBulletin software or Safari is the problem.

Sam Murdoch
02-29-2012, 8:18 AM
Perhaps this is contributing to my problem with adding attachments that I wrote about yesterday. I too am using Safari on an iMac :confused:.

Keith Outten
03-01-2012, 6:27 AM
Rich,

I have Safari Version 5.1.3 (7534.53.10) on my iMac.

I did some testing and was able to upload pictures, post and create new threads without any problems. Basocally I was not able to reproduce the issue you have been experiencing with your browser.
This post was made with Safari.

Rich Harman
03-10-2012, 4:17 PM
I have the exact same version of Safari.

However, now the problem has disappeared. I am posting this from Safari and all is well again.