PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle triangle from Woodcraft?

Greg Urwiller
02-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Does anyone have one of the 12" "precision" triangles from Woodcraft? There's been a few times I've wished I had a triangle for the shop. I've been going to get just a plastic drafting triangle to use, but I got a catalog from Woodcraft yesterday and found their Pinnacle brand, milled aluminum triangle. Of course this is quite a bit pricier than a plastic drafting triangle too. Is it worth getting the aluminum over the plastic? Greg

Jerome Hanby
02-28-2012, 11:14 AM
You can buy a lot of plastic drafting triangles for $70 <g>. With that said, the Woodpecker 12" triangle is the same price (it and it's case look a lot like the Pinnacle from WC too). For my money, I'd buy the Woodpecker..and buy it from Tom!

Bill White
02-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Drafting triangle for me. Mine is a Staedtler. Not expensive, accurate, orange. Bought it used in a junk store. $3.00.

Bill

Ellen Benkin
02-28-2012, 11:30 AM
I like the plastic triangle from the art store. Cheap and bright orange so I can always find it. I have two so I can do exact 90 degree tests.

Chris Hedges
02-28-2012, 11:41 AM
As far as I know, Woodpecker makes the Pinnacle line for Woodcraft.

Chris

You can buy a lot of plastic drafting triangles for $70 <g>. With that said, the Woodpecker 12" triangle is the same price (it and it's case look a lot like the Pinnacle from WC too). For my money, I'd buy the Woodpecker..and buy it from Tom!

Bill Huber
02-28-2012, 12:31 PM
I have one, it was a gift and I really don't use it that much, like the others I use a drafting triangle when I use a triangle. If you want to spend some money and get a great tool that you will use get the 1281 form Woodpecker, now that one I use a lot.

Jerome Hanby
02-28-2012, 12:48 PM
I have one, it was a gift and I really don't use it that much, like the others I use a drafting triangle when I use a triangle. If you want to spend some money and get a great tool that you will use get the 1281 form Woodpecker, now that one I use a lot.

Darn it Bill, you are going to get me in trouble. I'm pretty sure mu wife would kill me for ordering that. Think Tom would disguise the package to make it look like tax records for me?

Bill Huber
02-28-2012, 1:16 PM
Darn it Bill, you are going to get me in trouble. I'm pretty sure mu wife would kill me for ordering that. Think Tom would disguise the package to make it look like tax records for me?

Sorry about that.......
Now what you missed is the little 640, I use that one the most and it is great, if you could find one I would jump on it.

http://www.woodpeck.com/640square.html

Jerome Hanby
02-28-2012, 1:28 PM
You didn't get me that time, I acxtually have that one (or one darn close to it, my case is the MDF style one). Mine might be a touch smaller. I do use it all the time!

Sorry about that.......
Now what you missed is the little 640, I use that one the most and it is great, if you could find one I would jump on it.

http://www.woodpeck.com/640square.html

Erik France
02-28-2012, 3:11 PM
I've got one, and like having it. I found mine barely used on ebay for a 1/4 of the woodcraft price (I couldn't find any indications of use on it). I probably wouldn't have bought one at full retail. I really like the big aluminum one during assemblies. I can clamp right to it. I wouldn't clamp one of my drafting triangles. I picked up the Pinnacle 6 1/4" & 4 1/2" combo at woodcraft before I found that 12". I like them too, but I don't see them offered anymore at woodcraft. Woodpeckers still has the set.

Paul McGaha
02-28-2012, 3:22 PM
Does anyone have one of the 12" "precision" triangles from Woodcraft? There's been a few times I've wished I had a triangle for the shop. I've been going to get just a plastic drafting triangle to use, but I got a catalog from Woodcraft yesterday and found their Pinnacle brand, milled aluminum triangle. Of course this is quite a bit pricier than a plastic drafting triangle too. Is it worth getting the aluminum over the plastic? Greg

Greg,

I have the Woodpeckers version of the Pinnacle Square. It's super nice.

PHM

Van Huskey
02-28-2012, 4:11 PM
As mentioned the Woodpecker's version is the same and as mentioned buy it from Carbide Processors and Tom. Look them up in the Friends of the creek directory for the coupon code.