PDA

View Full Version : Lumber

Jim Douglas
03-22-2005, 1:49 PM
Good-day all I live in CT and in need to find a reliable sorce of ruff cut oak,cedar,pine etc. Looking for cabinet grade lumber from 4/4 too 10/4. Live in Waterford area of CT. Thank-you all for your time Jim Douglas.

Ted Shrader
03-22-2005, 1:54 PM
Hi Jim -

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out and exchange ideas.

Can't help you with the lumber question, but somebody will be able to.

Ted

Wes Newman
03-22-2005, 2:16 PM
Jim, I can't help you with the lumber either, but welcome aboard.

Per Swenson
03-22-2005, 3:20 PM
Click here, its woodfinder. http://www.woodfinder.com/

lou sansone
03-22-2005, 3:24 PM
this guy is very good and located about 25 minutes from you

gkwoodworking . com / lumber . htm

we are not allowed to provide the real url here at SMC

but if you put it in your brouser and get rid of the spaces you will be all set.

regards
lou

Darren Ford
03-22-2005, 5:21 PM
Lou, that is a common misconception. You are fine putting the URL here.

http://www.gkwoodworking.com/Lumber.htm

Rich Konopka
03-22-2005, 5:37 PM
Welcome to the Creek !!! Good to see all of these Connecticutans joing up.

Check out Bargain News (http://bargainnews.com/BNO/catresult.cfm?RequestTimeout=5000&make=Building%20Supplies) under building supplies

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="3%">
</td> <td width="20%"> LUMBER,
</td> <td width="55%">custom sawing, beams, trailer planks, sideboard, more. (860) 460-1463. New London</td> </tr></tbody> </table>

Mike Cutler
03-22-2005, 6:20 PM
Jim. Welcome to SawMill Creek.I work in Waterford, at Millstone.
I'd follow Lou's advice, Speaking of which Lou. How long has this guy been in business? He is literally within walking distance of my house! I drive all over looking for good wood and I can walk :eek:
Once agian Jim welcome, and I'll be checking out Lou's source real soon

lou sansone
03-22-2005, 6:36 PM
Jim. Welcome to SawMill Creek.I work in Waterford, at Millstone.
I'd follow Lou's advice, Speaking of which Lou. How long has this guy been in business? He is literally within walking distance of my house! I drive all over looking for good wood and I can walk :eek:
Once agian Jim welcome, and I'll be checking out Lou's source real soon
just a note on the recommendation
I have spent about an hour talking to the owner, and he seemed like a real honest guy, but I have not actually been to his place. Judging from his inventory it looks like he has a good supply and the prices are better than many. If you all go there let us know how it was. i believe he has been in business about 7 years now.

Rob Russell
03-22-2005, 6:56 PM
Jim,

Welcome to SMC from another CT Yankee!

Rob

Ken Fitzgerald
03-22-2005, 7:13 PM
Jim.....Welcome to the 'Creek!

Jeff Sudmeier
03-23-2005, 8:21 AM
Jim,

Welcome to the creek! We are glad to have you as a member! Be sure to post pictures of the projects you make, once you find the timber.

Jim Douglas
03-23-2005, 1:19 PM
Thank-you all for the warm welcome. Hope to be for sometime to come. Once again Thanks all Jim