PDA

View Full Version : Delta Planer new and old

dougj1715
04-26-2003, 8:18 PM
I just ordered my new Delta 22-580 planer from WoodWorkers Supply. Should I anticipate any shipping problems from them? And is there any place on this board for me to post my older Delta 22-560 12 1/2 planer for sale. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Doug

Jim Becker
04-26-2003, 8:46 PM
Well...there is a "Classifieds Forum" here within Saw Mill Creek. Most of the Internet woodworking forums have free classifieds available. My experience has been favorable with getting things sold through them, too. (And you can't beat the advertising price!)

dougj1715
04-26-2003, 8:56 PM
Thanks Jim, Yeah I found it right after I posted this one. Now, how about shipping from WW Supply? Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Jim Becker
04-26-2003, 9:03 PM
Originally posted by dougj1715
Now, how about shipping from WW Supply? Good, Bad, Indifferent?

I've never done business with them, so unfortunately, I cannot comment from experience. But I have not heard much of anything negative about them in another Internet tools forum I help manage. Shipping should be "shorter" for you as you are a lot closer to them than I am!

dougj1715
04-26-2003, 9:12 PM
Originally posted by Jim Becker
in another Internet tools forum

What other wood forums? I need lots of help in this hobby so the more places I have to refer to is better.

David Perkins
04-26-2003, 9:53 PM
They do a great job at keeping the customer upto date on the shipping progress. I order most of my necessities from them and never had a problem. Great people to talk to on the phone also.
David Perkins

GEDunton
04-27-2003, 7:38 AM
DougJ, I've purchased a great deal of stuff from WWS, and shipping has been flawless, and far quicker than expected. They haved been excellent to deal, very helpful. Couple years back, I snapped the cast elevation handle on a thickness sander I bought from them. Called to order a replacement, never considered warranty since it was certianly my fault. Well, rep asked when I bought it, couldn't recall exactly, so he searched their computer, found the order, said its still in warranty. Then said, "Oops we don't have that part in stock, but don't worry, I'll pull one off an inventory machine and get it right out." Arrived two days later, invoice "Warranty cost $0.00, shipping $0.00". Needless to say, they have earned a returning frequently customer.

Later

Bruce Page
04-27-2003, 2:46 PM
Originally posted by dougj1715
Thanks Jim, Yeah I found it right after I posted this one. Now, how about shipping from WW Supply? Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Doug, WWS has taken a lot on my money over the years. In fact, I just ordered the PC 505 Heritage Special 1/2 sheet sander from them (small gloat). I have never had any problems with WWS.

Some mornings it just doesn’t seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps. -- Emo Phillips