PDA

View Full Version : Major, Major, Major Gloat!!!!!!

Jim Stastny
03-22-2005, 1:01 PM
As I start, did I mention that this is a MAJOR GLOAT????? ;) :D

By God's great grace, today my lovely wife, Linda, and I celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Through these years I've been blessed with the greatest wife I could ever imagine and we've been blessed with three wonderful daughters. One is now a school teacher in the Chicago area, she's also working on her master's degree. The second will graduate from college this spring with a degree in communications arts. The youngest is in her second year of college, and has shown interest in getting a law degree.

Through these thirty, wonderful years, my vocation as a minister has allowed us to live from coast to coast. We've been in Los Angeles, Boise, ID, West Michigan, Long Island, and now the D.C. area. As a result of living in these areas we've seen some of the most dazzling American spectacles (e.g., Yosemite and Yellowstone N.P.s), and experienced some of the richest of U.S. culture (e.g., Broadway Shows, the best museums, rich ethnic diversities). In addition to all of this I've gained some wonderful friends, like everyone here at the Creek.

Blessings to all.

(Yes, I know that I no longer look like the dashing young Sgt. in the avatar. Why do you think I use the avatar ;) )

Ted Shrader
03-22-2005, 1:07 PM
Jim -

Congratulations to you and your wife. That is indeed a major gloat!

Best wishes for many more,
Ted

Jeff Sudmeier
03-22-2005, 1:22 PM
Jim, congrats on your anniversary!! Kelly and I have not yet celebrated our first, I truely look forward to the next 30, 50 or however many we are graced with.

Your post really shows that you know what matters in life, family above all else.

Jim Becker
03-22-2005, 1:31 PM
Congratulations, Jim!! A very nice milestone!

RichMagnone
03-22-2005, 1:38 PM
Foul. You're supposed to post a pic with a gloat.

Congrats.

Dennis Peacock
03-22-2005, 2:00 PM
Congrats Jim and the LOYL.!!!!!!! May you have many more. :D ;)

Jim Stastny
03-22-2005, 2:33 PM
Foul. You're supposed to post a pic with a gloat.

Congrats.

Lost all my good ones in a computer crash last summer :(

Tyler Howell
03-22-2005, 2:42 PM
Yah That's a major Gloat!

Lost all my good ones in a computer crash last summer :(
But the picture police ain't buying this part;)

Roger Fitzsimonds
03-22-2005, 2:43 PM
Congratulations to you and your wife Jim

Roger

Mark Singer
03-22-2005, 3:40 PM
Congradulations!!!! That is a majot Gloat!!!

Chad Pater
03-22-2005, 4:20 PM
Congrat's to you and wife! Now that you have made peace with the picture police, I hope the avatar police are kind to you too :p
Chad

Halsey MCCombs
03-22-2005, 4:29 PM
Congratulations,and may your next 30 be as good as your first 30.Halsey

Ted Shrader
03-22-2005, 4:39 PM
So Jim -

Where's your wife? That looks like you and your four daughters. :)

Ted

Jim Stastny
03-22-2005, 5:14 PM
So Jim -

Where's your wife? That looks like you and your four daughters. :)

Ted

Ya know, I get that a lot :D What can I say :rolleyes:

Jerry Olexa
03-22-2005, 6:50 PM
Jim I'm not getting a picture in your post.... Congratulations anyway! You should be very proud AND you have your priorities straight!:)

Jerry Olexa
03-22-2005, 6:51 PM
Jim the picture finally appeared. What a lovely family!!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-22-2005, 7:04 PM
Jim.....that is one major gloat! Nice looking family! You have truly been blessed! Congrats to you and your spouse!

Joe Mioux
03-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Jim, Congratulations on 30 years of marriage. You certainly have a lovely family.

regards
Joe

Richard Laing
03-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Congratulations! You and your wife must have been walking down the aisle at the same time as my wife and I!