PDA

View Full Version : First Box

jeffrey bailey
02-27-2012, 8:39 AM
A little late for Valentines Day, but here is my first attempt at a box. Made this one for my wife.

Joe Leigh
02-27-2012, 9:11 AM
Hey Jeff, nice job, nice clean look.
Question, is that center field piece (which appears to be Maple) solid wood or veneer over plywood? If its solid wood you may have a problem with wood movement over time and break the joints of the mitered frame.

John A. Callaway
02-27-2012, 6:11 PM
very nice piece. I am sure she loves it. I too would like a few more pics and details about this... That lid is so simple and has such a clean look to it... I would like to build this If you care to share the specs...

Jim Rimmer
02-27-2012, 8:34 PM
Nice looking box.

jeffrey bailey
02-28-2012, 7:54 AM
The wood I used has special meaning as well. The sides are cherry which was given to me by her father (since passed) about 12 years ago. I have been dragging it around from house to house since then. The white wood is solid holly which was cut from her family farm by her grandfather (also passed). She actually purchased the bloodwood for me when I picked up this hobby a couple of years ago. I hope I dont get too much movemnet out of it since it is very seasoned. Crossing my fingers.

Jerome Hanby
02-28-2012, 8:02 AM
I like that! Good job, sweet and simple.