PDA

View Full Version : Can you help identify my LaserCut Software?

Steven Cox
02-27-2012, 1:55 AM
Throughout the forums most people with a chinese laser say they have LaserCut 5.3 software, but for me I don't really know, a disc came with the machine but most of the help files are in chinese and the about button also everything in chinese so I don't really know. So for curiosity sake more than anything I'd like to know what I've got.

The software itself is pretty easy to use and runs directly from Corel Draw or AutoCad. I have it working on an Windows XP PC with corel version 12 and also on a Vista Laptop with both Corel Version 12 and X4 both working flawlessly. I've also installed into Windows 7 with Corel X4 on a second laptop but at this stage haven't tested it with the laser running.

Opening the software from Corel shows in the title bar as RLaserCut

Here's some screen shots can anyone tell me what I've got?

Pic 1 Shows the 3 buttons to access the software from Corel. First button opens the software window the other 2 oper configuraation screens.

Pic 2 shows the Software's main window

Pic 3 double clicking on the colour opens the settings dialog. When you change or use a new colour it saves the last setting used for that colour. It can store up to 256 colours (basic RGB pallet) max I have saved is about 70 and biggest job I've done with multiple settings was about 15.

Over time I've got a few things I'd like to share.... so, I'd like to identify what I've got because if I give or ask for any help regarding the software I just what to be sure I'm on the same page as others.

Rich Harman
02-27-2012, 2:13 AM
That looks like the old version.

Rodne Gold
02-27-2012, 2:20 AM
The shenuis supplied now use Laserworks and RDcam - an offshoot of another program called Phi cad or something like that .. lasercut is another software , similar but not identical. The software we use , ie rdcam ver 5.3 etc only works with a specific motherboard and lcd panel.. be careful "upgrading" software , lasercut could be dongle protected - it might not work with later software or your mobo.
At any rate , the programs are similar so any hints and tips you have will probably apply across platforms and software ....
Easy to change software and platforms , all you need is the correct mobo and lcd panel and for about $400 for these , you can change to laserworks if you want....

Steven Cox
02-27-2012, 3:33 AM
Thanks Rick & Rodne,

I'm pretty happy with it and been using it now for 2 years so not really looking to upgrade I was just mostly curious as to what I have. My new laptop has Win 7 I've installed it but haven't tested yet with the laser but if its a problem I've partitioned the HD & installed XP as an optional boot up so I can always revert to that if need be.

Rodne Gold
02-27-2012, 4:37 AM
I'd love to see pics of your mobile laser in the truck.. I have an Aussie car , was badged as a Chevrolet El Camino here but its a Hq or HK ute.. I snuck in a 390kw/900nm 454 in it - it goes very well...in a straight line...

Steven Cox
02-27-2012, 5:12 AM
Same badging here as well, from memory the Aussie models they were build in either Adelaide or Melbourne. Not a HQ they where about 1973 and very different body shape so from memory that's about a 1971/2 model maybe a HG or HK go figure though the model before that was a HT 1969/1970 I had one when I was about 18!.

Anyway posted some picks on this thread with my mobile set up, I'll post some more in a few days.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?181819-Chinese-Shenui-Laserworks-tips-and-tricks-thread&p=1882211#post1882211

Vicki Rivrud
02-27-2012, 8:12 AM
Hi Steve,
If you have the Leetro Controller MPC6515/6535 or their pci board then most likely you would have Lasercut 5.3, which requires a usb security dongle, if you machine is 2 years old.

I would have to look at you syscfg.ini file however the lasercut*.exe file usually identifies the version and would appear as lasercut50.exe or lasercut53.exe ( in the program files).

Hope that helps,
Vicki
JR Laser Solutions

Rodne Gold
02-27-2012, 9:11 AM
Mine is a 72 or 75 , not sure , HQ ute (called a Chev El Camino here )with a 75 HK statesman's (Called a Chev Caprice Classic here) modified front thats been grafted on - real "hoon" type vehicle.. for the reprobate in me... :)
Your setup is wonderful , I wish you all the best with it , aussie ingenuity - a bit of fencing wire and a set of pliers and away you go!!

John Johnson 2
02-27-2012, 3:01 PM
The Software is called RDCam Version 3. I also use it on my 70W Chinglish masheen. The software isn't too bright but it gets the job done. The one thing that I would really love is for the CorelDraw to store the RDCam setup along with the drawing.

Steven Cox
02-28-2012, 3:30 AM
Mine is a 72 or 75 , not sure , HQ ute (called a Chev El Camino here )with a 75 HK statesman's (Called a Chev Caprice Classic here) modified front thats been grafted on - real "hoon" type vehicle.. for the reprobate in me... :)
Your setup is wonderful , I wish you all the best with it , aussie ingenuity - a bit of fencing wire and a set of pliers and away you go!!

Yes I can see it now, definately a HQ they came out from 1973 to 1975 here and after that was the HX then HZ before holden moved to the Crapadoor (commodor).

Thanks for the comments on my ute, it's been a challenge and just starting to pay off. We're just starting to plan this year's winter migration north, so around late May to mid June we'll head off with our caravan in tow and travel up as far as Townsville and return home mid October. Stay home for a month then head south to Melbourne for Xmas. Our plan is to be on the road for at least 9 months each year. When we're on the road we do markets and festivals in bewteen some sporting events that book us to do custom trophies and awards on the day at their events. It's a hard life but someone's got to do it.