PDA

View Full Version : Rotate screen in Corel program on cintiq 24 HD

Leon Sandstrom
02-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Anyone know how to get the rotate to work with Corel X3 and photo Painter? Also, can you turn off the auto smooth on the freehand tool in Corel Draw X3.

Thanks,

LT

Steven Cox
02-27-2012, 3:52 AM
Freehand Tool: There should be a slide control visable when you activate the tool. If not Right Click the Tool then Select Customise > Toolbar Item > Properties
Expand Toolbox then select Freehand/Bezier Tool option to turn off smoothing there... just move the slider to zero.

For Rotation double click the object or group of objects, grab one of the handles to manually rotate with the mouse. For more control open the Positioning Docker and there's a Rotating option there that can be set by numbers and pivited from a selected handle point.

Hope this makes sense.

Leon Sandstrom
02-27-2012, 9:25 AM
Thanks Steve I will give the smoothing a try here soon. As for the rotation I am trying to get the slider wheel on the Cintiq to control the rotation of the entire file. It works in adobe but am having issues in Corel. I May just have to set up a macro on the Naga. Time to stop drawing and figure out the solution.

Steven Cox
02-27-2012, 9:38 AM
As for the rotation I am trying to get the slider wheel on the Cintiq to control the rotation of the entire file. It works in adobe but am having issues in Corel.

Cintiq ??? Can you post some pics of what you are trying to so cause I don't know what Cintiq is. I'd love to help... I've been using Corel commercially since version 3 and over the years have taught signwiters how to use it to replace signlab, sign wizard etc...

Scott Shepherd
02-27-2012, 10:25 AM
It's a screen that has a tablet/pen setup built into it. You can actually "draw" right on the screen. They are awesome.

https://www.wacom.com/en/Store/Pages/Product.aspx?product=DTK2400&crumb={DF740487-4401-4D44-A3DC-BE552253C0E6}

Leon Sandstrom
02-27-2012, 1:22 PM
I don't think my Intuos 3 24x17 will ever get used again. The Cintiq is one tool I fell in love with the first time I used it.

Leon Sandstrom
03-03-2012, 3:50 PM
Thanks Steve, you solved my problems and now I am off without the frustrations I had before.

Chuck Stone
03-03-2012, 3:59 PM
I don't think my Intuos 3 24x17 will ever get used again.

<raises hand .. higher .. and higher...>

Leon Sandstrom
03-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Not sure what your implying. That is the outside dimensions or the foot print of the Intuos 3. I think it was the biggest they made at the time. Weighs a lot less than the Cintiq, but doesn't store as nice. Or are you wanting the old board? Offered it to my daughter, but she evidently likes the Cintiq as much as I do. In fact the first night she stayed up drawing on it long after we all went to bed. Filled my desktop with all kind of files for me to enjoy the next day. I think she had used every tool and art brush possible. I deleted most, but kept a few as they made me smile and laugh.

Chuck Stone
03-06-2012, 12:19 PM
LOL..yeah.. it was sort of a hint if you were selling it. I'm still have
an old Wacom ArtZ tablet (6x8) that I bought at a trade show. Not sure
how old it is, but I bought it with Painter, and that came in a one gallon
paint can. Early 90's maybe? Serial port connection, no less!
Using Photoshop without a tablet is like rowing a boat with chopsticks.

Leon Sandstrom
03-08-2012, 9:45 AM
I have a smaller one as well. I am going to give my sister first choice on them. She has an engraver as well. But she may pass since she just bought a Bambo last year I think. I will keep you in mind.

Leon

Chuck Stone
03-08-2012, 9:53 AM
Sounds good. I'm finally getting one computer set up and dedicated
to Photoshop and printing. ( picked up a couple of wide format printers
to make trade show banners and such) so I'll be getting big monitors
and beefing up RAM etc.. a decent tablet would fit the bill. You don't
see them on Craigslist around here..
I think I'll make a poster sized print of a 24" Cintiq and hang
it over the desk.