PDA

View Full Version : Question about DeWalt DW746 Table Saw

John Myer
02-26-2012, 8:55 PM
I purchased a DeWalt DW746 Table Saw several years ago and have been reasonably satisfied, with the except of the fence. The fence is poor quality to say the least. This weekend I seen a Vega fence attached to the General Table Saw and was impressed with the quality and features of the fence. Now I am wondering it a Vega fence would fit my DeWalt table saw without having to drill and tap holes in the cast iron.

Here's the question for those reading this post. If you own a DeWalt DX746 have you changed to a third-party fence? If so, what was the brand and how was the experience.

Thanks

Don Van Velzer
04-30-2012, 11:42 PM
John, I've owned the dw746 for ten years and have had no problems with the fence. It tightens down solid and is parallel to the miter slot. What is it you are having problems with? I might be able to help.
Don

scott spencer
05-01-2012, 3:15 AM
John - I've never owned a DW746, but I'm familiar with the Vega, and agree it's a great fence. It's also one of the simpler aftermarket fences to install...I don't imagine it would be too difficult to mount to your 746 unless you have the slider miter table too, and even then there should be a way.