PDA

View Full Version : CorelDRAW 12 RGB as Default

Riki Potter
02-26-2012, 5:00 PM
I've recently figured out some of the engraving problems I've been having is due to the fact Corel was working in CMYK. I've changed the default palette to RGB but when I create text it still defaults as CMYK Black and not RGB, surely there must be some way to get corel to always use RGB and never CMYK?

Steve Clarkson
02-26-2012, 5:20 PM
Open a blank document and click on the RGB black (either right click for outline or left click for fill) and a box should pop up saying that it will keep that setting whenever you create text.......then click on Tools and save the settings as default.

Rudy Ress
02-26-2012, 5:22 PM
Go to "Tools", "Color Management", then "default settings", then "primary Color Mode" and change to RGB, then "OK."

Edit: Steve posted as I was typing. :)

Riki Potter
02-26-2012, 6:59 PM
It worked! Thank you guys so much, your so kind.

Steven Cox
02-26-2012, 8:31 PM
Just another tip, you can also create your own custom pallets, see Corel's help files for info on how to create its pretty simple. The benefit will be that you can assign certain colours to specific settings that you use commonly. You can even set them up so when you hover over the colour thumbnail instead of showing the colour name it shows the setting. Just reserve a few colours that you can use on custom jobs.

I have mine set up to most common settings I use on the laser for each material, they will either be CUT or SCAN properties so I have them show for my most common uses

Example:
For each colour I include Material followed laser property (Cut or Scan as C or S) followed by Power Setting as Speed - Min Power - Max Power - Interval

GREEN - 3mmAcrylic S 250/25/35/0.1
RED - 3mmAcrylic C 10/50/50
PURPLE - DogTags S 125/30/35/0.1

Takes some time to set up but I just added them as I go, I then printed a colour chart like the format above, that I keep near the computer when I'm designing and use the appropriate colours. It really speeds up design & production because I'm not having to wade through my notes looking for the correct settings and adjusting the laser tools. Remember though hovering over the colour in the pallete also gives me the info I need without referring to the chart.

Richard Rumancik
02-27-2012, 9:30 AM
Riki, when you say that you changed the default to RGB, you mean that you are using the Mercury RGB palette, correct? If not, you should be. It is a 16-color palette and will give you the best results when you color map. I add a 100% white color as color #17 which is handy of you ever need to draw a mask to prevent some raster graphics from engraving.