PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid TS3650 fence problems

Gene Zimmerman
02-26-2012, 3:50 PM
When locking my fence, it never locks down parallel with the saw blade unless i fuss with the fence some before locking it down. Any adjustment I can make? I'm thinking I likely will have to get a better fence and rails. Any suggestions regarding what would work with this saw and not cost me my yellow lab? Thanks in advance.....

frank shic
02-26-2012, 4:12 PM
do you see any adjustment screws?

Grant Wilkinson
02-26-2012, 5:36 PM
If you have the manual for the saw, there are many details on how to set up the fence. I have the same saw and the stock fence, and it is spot on.

Rich Engelhardt
02-26-2012, 9:11 PM
+1 on the manual.
I believe you can download a copy of it from the Ridgid website.
I have the same saw and my fence - so far - has been ok.

Here's the link:
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Support/

Scroll down to the literature search and put in ts3660 and select manual from the drop down underneath.

Edit - after downloading the manual and going over it, I notice on page 46 they mention if the fence is off that you need to make adjustments to the rails and shim them if necessary.
They also say to adjust the fence using the 4 hex head screws near the locking lever on the front of the carriage.

Michael Mayo
02-26-2012, 11:04 PM
If you go here you can download the manual. I have the same saw and it is awesome. The fence is perfect you have to adjust yours to get it to stay parallel. The instructions for doing that are in the manual.
[/URL][URL]http://www.creativejewelrydesigns.biz/Home/Woodworking/Ridgid-TS3650-TABLE-SAW-OPERATORS-MANUAL-1891.pdf (ftp://www.creativejewelrydesigns.biz/Home/Woodworking/Ridgid-TS3650-TABLE-SAW-OPERATORS-MANUAL-1891.pdf)

Brian Tymchak
02-27-2012, 3:57 PM
It's been a while and I'm doing this from memory, but I think there are 4 screws at the front of the fence that can be loosened and tightened to give you some small adjustment.

Oops, I see Rich already mentioned those.