PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who own a sawstop with 36" rails

John Hollander
02-26-2012, 3:33 PM
I have a few questions about the 36" rails for the saw stop. First when you buy the standard 36" rail upgrade does that include the extension table and legs? If so are these necessary? The 30" rail just seems too small, but the way I have my garage set up when I'm not using my table saw it gets pushed into the corner with my bandsaw in between the overhanging rails of my table saw. With the legs and extension table this would be impossible.

Glenn Vaughn
02-26-2012, 4:47 PM
I have the contractor with the 36" rails. It came with the extensio table and legs. I also got the cast iron wingd at the same time. IMHO the extension table is needed otherwise there is a large open space once the fence is moved beyond the wing.

Cliff Polubinsky
02-26-2012, 5:27 PM
John,

I have the PCS with the 36" rails. I went out and looked at mine and it appears you may be able to pull it off. The legs bolt to the rails and through the extension table braces. It looks like it would be easy enough to leave off the extension table and just make a spacer to take the place of the table brace. With t bit of re-engineering you might be able to make the extension table easily removable for when you want to store it.

Cliff

Chris Hedges
02-26-2012, 6:31 PM
You can purchase the F/R assembly by itself but as I recall it is cheaper to buy the whole kit. Something you might want to consider - The extension table actually serves a purpose on saws whose fences don't have a foot on the end. They allow the fence to ride evenly and securely thru the entire range of the ripping capacity.

Chris