PDA

View Full Version : Couple of nice gifts from old customers......

Larry Edgerton
02-26-2012, 10:17 AM
This past week I recieved a couple of things from old customers.

One, and it is very touching is a restored Regulator schoolhouse clock in perfect working condition. This was a piece that they had hung in their own home, and when they came and looked at my schoolhouse replica they decided that it should be in our new house. It is especially nice as it was a part of their lives and not just purchased. We will give it a place of honor in our home.

The other was a 1926 American Builder paper, a 274 page magazine in perfect condition. I have not read the whole thing yet, but flipping through the ads are very interesting.

There is a Cresson-Morris compound sliding miter saw that can also rip bore sand and has a 6" jointer.

A new 1 ton Chevy for $495.

Dutch Boy paint ad with claims that they only use pure lead.

There are ads for a lot of the machines that we hope to find, as well as many that are just gone. Combination machines were big aparently as there are at least 50 ads for different ones.

There are ads for tons of wonderfull overbuilt old hardware, stuff I wish I could still buy today.

Many house plans, and tips of how to do processes that are no longer used today.

Interesting indeed, and a great gift.

Larry

Mike Archambeau
02-27-2012, 7:45 AM
Larry;

You know that at "the Creek" if there are no pictures, it didn't happen.........

Paul McGaha
02-27-2012, 9:02 AM
They are a couple of really nice gifts arent they. Too bad for me you live in Michigan, I wouldnt mind seeing this schoolhouse replication myself.

Agree with Mike A. please post some pictures for us.

The magazine sounds like a trip back in time. I'm 54. My kids and especially my grand kids cant believe that there was a time when you could buy a coke for a nickel.

PHM

Belinda Barfield
02-27-2012, 2:09 PM
Great gifts!

Larry Edgerton
02-27-2012, 6:38 PM
I'm having issues with a 14 year old computer and getting pictures up. I tried for about an hour Sunday morning to get a couple of pictures of the job I am doing up, but no luck. I just need a new computer.....

I need to get around to looking for a computer that is the least made in China. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I know jack about computers.

Larry

Chuck Wintle
02-27-2012, 6:47 PM
it would be nice if you could scan some of the pages and post them.