PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Table issue

Craig Matheny
02-25-2012, 9:41 PM
I just noticed that my table in my mini 24 wobbles front to back any ideas on what might be worn out or if there is an adjustment?:eek:

Frank Corker
02-26-2012, 9:03 AM
I would suggest you remove the screws on the front panel, lift the panel off, inside you will see belts and on the left and right you will see that there is a long screw running from bottom of the machine to the top. It will allow you to look but I don't know of any guidelines that stop any movement. That said, I have checked the bed on my Helix and there is no movement so maybe something has worked loose.

vic casware
02-26-2012, 4:25 PM
that reminds me to call my epilog supplier too.
My bed wobbles very slightly at 100% speed
over a short area, and causes some distortion
and my 50W Helix is only 4 months old

Craig Matheny
02-26-2012, 4:38 PM
I looked at the unit and there is a wobble of +/- .25 from front to back so tomorrow is Epilog time

Bruce Clumpner
02-27-2012, 3:28 AM
My mini-18's bed's leveling mechanism have an elevation screw that moves the table up and down and a locking screw at each corner. Sounds like one set has backed off or worked loose. Give it a peek.

Craig Matheny
03-01-2012, 4:52 PM
Ok it is now been 3 days and the laser table is fixed. I called Epilog yesterday and they walked me through the process had to pick up tools last night to do the fix today. This is the process in a nutshell you take the table out, take the lift motor out, remove the side brackets, adjust the little wheels that ride in the grooves of the bracket that holds the t bar that holds the table. Hope you followed that, once done then you need to start putting it all back together and in the process adjust the table height to be level and raise it up so you can put the motor back in and then all the other parts. So I said to much work....

Took the table out and grabbed the Grinder with a cutting blade and cut 4- 2" squares to access the adjusting nuts. Took 2hours to do the complete job including the cutting.