PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight lift table

Michael Ginsberg
02-24-2012, 2:34 PM
Anybody have the Harbor Freight lift table#93116?
I want a hydraulic table to use around the shop and to lift heavy chunks on to the lathe.
Are you happy with this product. I am concerned because it is cheaper than most?

William Payer
02-24-2012, 3:00 PM
I almost bought one a year or so ago. ( no room to store another large object led me to defer )HF has two lift tables, the one you listed is rated ( and built better) for heavier loads. I saw them in operation at our local HF store. The use 4 of them daily in the back room to load and unload stock. I would definitely NOT recommend the cheaper one, it is really a lot less durable and stable. The guys in the back room said theirs have held up well and not had to be replaced or repaired.

Michael Ginsberg
02-24-2012, 3:16 PM
Thanks. The lighter one would not work anyway. It would not reach high enough to reach my lathe bed..

Van Huskey
02-24-2012, 3:24 PM
The only negatives I read about those is people who use them to raise and hold things at a specific height for long periods of time, many of them seem to leak down, not talking to the floor overnight more like an inch in a couple of days.

Michael Ginsberg
02-24-2012, 3:43 PM
That is fine. I would not be using it as a bench, just as a lift.
Thanks

Ted Calver
02-24-2012, 4:16 PM
Anybody have the Harbor Freight lift table#93116?
I want a hydraulic table to use around the shop and to lift heavy chunks on to the lathe.
Are you happy with this product. I am concerned because it is cheaper than most?
Michael, I have and use one just for this purpose and it works great. It stores under my bench when not in use. I used it this morning to move a huge 230lb slab of marble to add as a lathe weight. You will find many uses for it....just don't expect it to hold position overnight.

Clay Crocker
02-24-2012, 4:48 PM
Michael, I have that lift table, it works as advertised. It has come in very handy from time to time in my shop, and it will lift a half a ton.....literally. ;)

Paul Gallian
02-24-2012, 4:55 PM
I have one and really like and use it. stores away easy and does take up much space -- i put stuff on it when not in use - it is collapsed and use it as a pallet not taken up empty space

Michael Ginsberg
02-24-2012, 4:57 PM
Great. I was thinkin that I could use it to get my new Sawstop out of the van that I ordered. Just pump it up to the height of the van, slide the baby on, wheel it in the shop and lower... What could be easier.

Van Huskey
02-24-2012, 5:00 PM
What could be easier.

A fork lift...:D

Michael Ginsberg
02-24-2012, 5:12 PM
I had a silver maple come down in the last storm. I have chunks waiting to turn that weigh at least a hundred pounds. Gonna lift those babies right up to the lathe bed and slide it on. I am getting too old for this lifting stuff- and I am only 49!!

Perry Holbrook
02-24-2012, 5:50 PM
I've got that table and like it. Just a couple of things, The table is about 9" off the floor, so you need to find a way to lift the load either on or off, I've used several methods. The other thing is you need to be careful to center the load as much as possible on the table, if you load it on the front it can tip forward.

Perry

Rod Sheridan
02-25-2012, 8:21 AM
A fork lift...:D

Which is exactly what I use, an aluminum Genie lift with a 600 pound capacity.

It's perfect for putting pieces in a lathe as it can hold the piece in position while you mount it.

A lift table requires you to slide/lift it, with the possibility of an accident.

Look for a used Genie lift (or equivalent).

Here's a photo of mine putting a half log on the band saw..........Rod.

Ted Calver
02-25-2012, 8:36 AM
I've been looking for a Genie Rod. They are pricey though

Bill ThompsonNM
02-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Rod, I'll have to watch for one also until HF comes out with a Genie Lift knockoff. I did see one on that auction site that the LOML might go for-- local pick up only in Honolulu!

Ruhi Arslan
02-25-2012, 7:53 PM
I've bought a motorcycle lift from HF some years ago. The first time I had it lifted up with the 600lb motorcycle on the lift, it got stuck up on raised position. The "technical" support advised me to take the bike of the lift and try again to see if the lift would come down.
I did not mean to contribute other than "you cannot make this up" humor... :)

ray hampton
02-25-2012, 11:11 PM
I've bought a motorcycle lift from HF some years ago. The first time I had it lifted up with the 600lb motorcycle on the lift, it got stuck up on raised position. The "technical" support advised me to take the bike of the lift and try again to see if the lift would come down.
I did not mean to contribute other than "you cannot make this up" humor... :)

did they offer to muscle the cycle down for you at no charge