PDA

View Full Version : Uuuhh ooohhh, Keeton's coming to help...

Jamie Donaldson
02-24-2012, 2:20 PM
..cut some walnut tomorrow, so I guess I better fire up the ShopVac to be ready for inspection!!

David DeCristoforo
02-24-2012, 2:36 PM
Ferget it, Jamie... you'll never get it clean enough....

Richard Jones
02-24-2012, 3:26 PM
Well, at least you can tell yourself, "so that's what my floor looks like!"

You guys have fun and be safe.

David E Keller
02-24-2012, 4:49 PM
I'd just empty the shop vac right in front of the shop door… No sense in getting his hopes up!

Steve Busey
02-24-2012, 5:25 PM
Don't even try Jamie, the bar is too high (Kentucky lawyer joke intended). Here's a rare photo of John at work in his shop - noticed the highly polished marble floors and the coat & tails John wears when he turns:

;):D

ray hampton
02-24-2012, 6:00 PM
I'd just empty the shop vac right in front of the shop door… No sense in getting his hopes up!

a better idea would be to mop your floors until they shine

Steve Schlumpf
02-24-2012, 6:14 PM
Sounds like fun but please make sure John doesn't overdo it!

The really funny thing to me is John is going to go out to get more wood! With everything he has told me, he must have enough wood already for 40 years of continuous turning! Course, you can always use just a little more!

Looking forward to the photos!! You are going to document this adventure, right?

David DeCristoforo
02-24-2012, 6:24 PM
"Here's a rare photo of John at work..."

I thought I had seen that guy somewheres before....

Josh Bowman
02-24-2012, 6:41 PM
Don't even try Jamie, the bar is too high (Kentucky lawyer joke intended). Here's a rare photo of John at work in his shop - noticed the highly polished marble floors and the coat & tails John wears when he turns:
Thats......funny

Jamie Donaldson
02-24-2012, 6:51 PM
That's funny Steve, but I said 2 magic words to John that got his attention-"free walnut!" I'm afraid that I have much more wood stashed away than John will ever have.

John Keeton
02-24-2012, 7:00 PM
I stay away from the computer for a few hours, and all of a sudden I am the victim of cyber abuse!!!:rolleyes: I will have to admit - Jamie had me at the "free" part, and then he followed with "walnut". Steve it right, I just rummaged through the barn for some wood to send another creeker, and was shocked to discover how much I have accumulated - and, that doesn't include the "good" stuff that is in the shop building.

Steve B. - I want to know how you sneaked in my shop and took that pic!!!:confused: I really didn't want everyone knowing about my turning outfit - but, I guess it is too late now.:o

Dick Wilson
02-24-2012, 7:53 PM
Steve, There actually is/was a UK turner who always wore formal attire. Can't remember his name but he was definately a gentleman turner.

Roger Chandler
02-24-2012, 8:18 PM
John............I didn't know you had a dog named Toto! :D

Rick Markham
02-24-2012, 8:21 PM

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Steve Busey
02-24-2012, 9:26 PM
Steve B. - I want to know how you sneaked in my shop and took that pic!!!:confused:

I'll tell you in exchange for a truckload of that claro you're hoarding! :rolleyes: :D (or maybe just the BLM burl broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West! :p)