PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a folding table plan

Eric Brin
02-23-2012, 5:05 PM
My mother like to work on jewelry, but doesn't have much space in her room. She wants me to make a table that folds up on the wall. So the table is attached to the wall with a hinge and when you lift the top you can swing the support out.

Does anyone know of any plans for something like this?

thanks
Eric

Todd Burch
02-23-2012, 5:12 PM
I've made several of these, years ago, for a corporate client. Matter of fact, I even have some of the specialty hinges left over. I guess I should talk up how hard they are to find, and maybe tease that the supplier went out of business, and how nice and sturdy they are... and then post a couple for sale over on the classifieds forum... But that would be mean.

I think I even still have a mock up out in the shop.

Brian Tymchak
02-24-2012, 8:43 AM
Do this google search: site sawmillcreek.org folding bench wall

Several articles came up and some have links to plans.

Actually, on second look, only a few from SMC, but the results should still offer some options.

Lee Schierer
02-24-2012, 2:30 PM
I made a craft center with a lift up side table. I used piano hinge to attach the lift table to the side of the craft center and made a 3/4" ply wood support under the lift table that was also mounted with a piano hinge that could swing out to support the table.224966

The cut out in the support arm is for a second table support that allowed the lift table to be used as a drafting board.224967

Be sure to leave space between the table and the wall for the supports to fold into when you want to fold the table down.