PDA

View Full Version : Who has used the new Kelton Multi-Axis scraper?

Jack Gaskins
02-23-2012, 5:02 PM
If you have one of these what is your review of it. Worth the $150? Im thinking of getting one but the price is pretty high.

Wally Dickerman
02-23-2012, 8:51 PM
Haven't used one but have heard a couple of good reports from friends whose opinions I respect. (turning, not politics).

I may have give one a go if it'll work for a lefty. It is a bit pricey.

Jim Burr
02-23-2012, 10:05 PM
That was a question on Final Jeopardy just last night! Price is high, but the tool is reported to work well.

Reed Gray
02-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I did take a brief look at it at the last AAW Symposium. I really couldn't tell that it was capable of any cuts that I couldn't do with my standard scrapers. More of a multi tool as compared to using several different scrapers. I may have to look at it again in San Jose.

robo hippy

Michael Ginsberg
02-24-2012, 3:22 PM
I bought one "just to have in case". Have not tried yet. I will report when I do.

Jack Gaskins
02-24-2012, 7:50 PM
I bought one "just to have in case". Have not tried yet. I will report when I do.

Where did ya get it at. Highland?

Carole Valentine
04-08-2012, 10:11 PM
I may have give one a go if it'll work for a lefty. It is a bit pricey.

Wally, this scraper can be configured about any way you want. Seems to me that it would be ideal for a lefty. I use mine with the lathe in reverse quite often. Personally, I love the thing. The mass, stability and configurability make it the only scraper I use anymore. It's great inside and outside on both bowls and hollow forms and its mass allows you to go deep into a form. I sometimes use it in my hollowing rig.