PDA

View Full Version : UFO Wobble Form

Jeff Fagen
02-23-2012, 12:04 AM
UFO Wobble Form 8 X 2 1/2 w/ 1" opening.

Dan Kralemann
02-23-2012, 2:14 AM
Thanks for showing the step-by-step process. It really helps me, as a fairly new turner, to see how the piece gets to its finished state. These step-by-step pictures that some of the turners are displaying in their threads, really helps to demystify the "how did they do that" thought in my mind. Thanks, Dan

David E Keller
02-23-2012, 8:14 AM
Nicely done! I did something very similar a while back(I even colored mine red), and this was not an easy shape for me to hollow. I love the rocker bottom, and I'd love to see a true profile picture... It's hard to evaluate the form from any other perspective. Regardless, it's a really nice looking piece!

Bernie Weishapl
02-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Really a nice looking piece and color. Thanks for sharing the process.

Steve Schlumpf
02-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Looks pretty cool Jeff! I like how the color and finish really popped the feathering!

Baxter Smith
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Nice pics of the process Jeff. I like the color.

Jeff Fagen
02-23-2012, 9:52 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.It is box elder crotch with alimilite red dye and lacqer sanded between coats.
It came out of the chuck when I got a catch with that stupid Sorby hollower.
I seem to have better luck with my home made tools.
It was a tricky one to hollow.I'll try to put up a side view.

David E Keller
02-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the additional photos, Jeff, but I was actually thinking of one taken at eye level with the piece. You could almost park the camera on the table that the piece is sitting one to get a true profile shot where you can see only the slightest hint of the opening… That's the only way I can ever figure out how the overall form looks. It's a cool looking piece from any angle!