PDA

View Full Version : What is this font?

Julian Axe
02-22-2012, 7:26 PM
I have been trying to find the attached font for use on my laser, does anyone know what it is?

and does anyone have a copy that I could have, TTF?

Thanks Julian

Tony Lenkic
02-22-2012, 9:56 PM
That look to be 3 or 4 line Roman font from made for rotary (mechanical) engravers.

Here is a sample of 3 line Roman from my engraver:

Joe Pelonio
02-23-2012, 8:01 AM
I don't have it on this computer but it looks like it might be Belwe.

Martin Boekers
02-23-2012, 9:44 AM
Seeing this is your first post, don't no if you tried this or not, in Corel X5 there is
a way to check fonts. It's called "What the Font" You can also do it through the web site,
just Google "What the Font" and you'll find it. I have used this dozens of times.
It doesn't work for everyone but it is a great resource.

One thing also most fonts are copywrited so it may be illegal to share.

Julian Axe
02-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I have X5 and use What the Font often, but only get a 10-20% success and no luck on this one.Yes it was done on a rotary, but I am trying to convert most jobs over to my laser.The closest I have got is Goudy, but it does not have the slant on the middle part of the E or F or the swirl on the S.There hasn't been one customer yet, that has noticed the subtle difference when I switch them over to laserSomeone needs to find a way of easily converting rotary fonts to TTF... the OEM should offer this as an extra...$$ I would buy them!There are so many Shareware/Free fonts out there I find I don't have to buy too many.Thanks for the advice.. I hope to share and help here as much as I can, but only have 2 years in this business, much more in engineering/electronics.Thanks Julian

Chuck Stone
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
rSomeone needs to find a way of easily converting rotary fonts to TTF... the OEM should offer this as an extra...$$ I would buy them!

There are places on the web where you can submit samples and they will turn it
into a font for you for short money. ($10?) You could pass that on to your customer
if they don't provide the fonts you need..

Mike Null
02-23-2012, 11:34 AM
If you have a rotary type the text there and export it to Corel.

Tony Lenkic
02-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Mike I've tried that with bad results.
Rotray fonts on my system are made with broken lines/curves and when you give them weight in Corel it looks bad. If I run them directly from Xenetech program on Universal laser with line thickness I choose it work fine. To connect all the lines/curves in Corel would be waist of time, IMO.