PDA

View Full Version : Just seen one of the stupidest things ever

Kevin Gregoire
02-22-2012, 12:35 PM
i just seen an accident waiting to happen and it has to be the dumbest thing ever made!

its a heated steering wheel cover on sale at Menards. you plug it into your 12v dc outlet.
thats all i need is a power cord flying around my steering wheel when im turning a corner
and getting wrapped up around my hands or something and causing an accident?

Conrad Fiore
02-22-2012, 1:23 PM
"Heated Steering Wheel Cover by Winplus provides warmth, comfort, and protection for all seasons. The steering wheel cover's easy slip on design makes it easy to place over the wheel while still providing a tight fit. Simply plug in the 12V cord attached to the steering wheel cover prior to driving to warm up the steering wheel to make driving on a cold day more enjoyable. Never use the heating function while driving - only to warm your steering wheel prior to operating your vehicle."

Kevin Gregoire
02-22-2012, 1:38 PM
thats much better but it didnt show that disclaimer in their ad. i wonder how long the heat lasts after you unplug it?

Todd Burch
02-22-2012, 1:47 PM
"Heated Steering Wheel Cover by Winplus provides warmth, comfort, and protection for all seasons. The steering wheel cover's easy slip on design makes it easy to place over the wheel while still providing a tight fit. Simply plug in the 12V cord attached to the steering wheel cover prior to driving to warm up the steering wheel to make driving on a cold day more enjoyable. Never use the heating function while driving - only to warm your steering wheel prior to operating your vehicle."

That won't stop some idiot from trying to drive with it plugged in!

Brian Kent
02-22-2012, 1:53 PM
Almost as stupid as the braille keys on drive-thru ATMs.

Kevin Gregoire
02-22-2012, 2:09 PM
my parents owned an auto body repair shop for 40 years and the idiot story i remember hearing about was the guy in his new motor home that turned
on his cruise control and went into the back to make a sandwich and wondered why his camper went into the ditch!

curtis rosche
02-22-2012, 5:18 PM
ever buy a new lawnmower lately? some come with a cap that seals the gas tank till the new owner uses it. i heard from the sales man that a lady came in and said she couldnt beleive how little gas her new mower used, but for some reason it wouldnt start....

Raymond Fries
02-22-2012, 7:49 PM
To Brian's post...

...I have seen braille buttons in parking garage elevators as well. Just wondering why?

Jerome Stanek
02-22-2012, 7:56 PM
Have you ever seen a blind person walk up to an ATM and use it why make 2 models also I worked with a blind person that would get dropped off in the parking garage at work. his seeing eye dog would take him to the elevator and he would use the buttons.

ray hampton
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM

If the ATMs machine are in downtown on a bus line then the blind people might be using the drive-in ATM after the inside bank are closed

ray hampton
02-23-2012, 12:06 AM
to the blind question.......

how does a blind person know when they are done wipping in the bathroom? they cant see if the paper is clean?

not very funny

Steve Griffin
02-23-2012, 6:34 AM
If the ATMs machine are in downtown on a bus line then the blind people might be using the drive-in ATM after the inside bank are closed

Exactly. I've walked or biked up to drive-in ATM's myself. Also, a blind person could be with an assistant/driver and be able to do his banking.

Besides, they probably just standardize all keypads for cost effectiveness, rather than have to specify which machines get little bumps on the keys.

Dan Hintz
02-23-2012, 6:38 AM
Besides, they probably just standardize all keypads for cost effectiveness, rather than have to specify which machines get little bumps on the keys.
A prize for the gentleman....

Bill Edwards(2)
02-23-2012, 7:50 AM

Above: is a joke.

Most good comedians define a joke as an exxagerated story.

Zach England
02-23-2012, 8:35 AM
I am visually impaired. I don't read braille in my daily life, but I CAN read it and I routinely walk to the bank and use the drive-up ATM. Just sayin'.

Dan Hintz
02-23-2012, 9:30 AM
I routinely walk to the bank and use the drive-up ATM.
How do you honk the horn at the person in front of you taking too long? ;) :p

David Cramer
02-23-2012, 9:46 AM
not very funny

Agreed. Not funny at all and in very poor taste.

Heather Thompson
02-23-2012, 9:58 AM
Agreed. Not funny at all and in very poor taste.

Plus 1 to this comment.

Zach England
02-23-2012, 10:22 AM
How do you honk the horn at the person in front of you taking too long? ;) :p

I usually have my yappy dog with me (no, not a seeing-eye dog) and she takes care of that.

Zach England
02-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Plus 1 to this comment.

I don't mind being crass as long as it's funny. If it isn't funny it is just puerile.

Bill Edwards(2)
02-23-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't mind being crass as long as it's funny. If it isn't funny it is just puerile.

Unfortunately, you're complaining about bathroom humor (I know), and although

I don't care for it, the number of people that go to a Jim Carrey movie says there

are many who do like it.

Rick Prosser
02-23-2012, 1:29 PM
Did anybody else have to look up "puerile" :o

curtis rosche
02-23-2012, 2:02 PM
sorry for my earlier post. i was asking it as a serious question, but i can see how it can very very easily be takin as an isult and innapropriet.

Raymond Fries
02-23-2012, 7:48 PM
Thanks for the insights about the parking garage. Guess I am not that smart as I have never thought of that. Good thing I am not the guy designing the garages as there would not be access for these people being dropped off. I could never figure out why a blind person would be in a parking garage by alone.

ray hampton
02-23-2012, 7:54 PM
Did anybody else have to look up "puerile" :o

this is a french word , that is loosely translate polecat

ray hampton
02-23-2012, 8:08 PM
sorry for my earlier post. i was asking it as a serious question, but i can see how it can very very easily be takin as an insult and inappropriate.
I work with a number of blind people and do not see this post as a insult but quite the opposite, blind people other senses are much better than the average person, the reason that I said " not funny " were because of what I were thinking , as for inappropriate, I am the wrong person to judge that word

Moses Yoder
02-24-2012, 4:36 PM
I am not an English teacher, but just for the record, "seen" is the past tense of "saw". To express yourself in proper english, the correct phrasing would be " I saw a steering wheel cover". Another correct sentence would be "I have seen a steering wheel cover." The sentence "I seen a steering wheel cover" makes me cringe worse than seeing someone driving down the road with their steering wheel cover plugged in.

John Hays
02-27-2012, 8:04 AM
I am not an English teacher, but just for the record, "seen" is the past tense of "saw". To express yourself in proper english, the correct phrasing would be " I saw a steering wheel cover". Another correct sentence would be "I have seen a steering wheel cover." The sentence "I seen a steering wheel cover" makes me cringe worse than seeing someone driving down the road with their steering wheel cover plugged in.

Hahaha... I had a similar reaction, as well. If you're going to use the word "stupid" in a sentence, then it would be in your favor to utilize proper grammar.

Unfortunately, people tend to judge by first impressions, not taking into account different vernacular used in various parts of the country. Being from the South, I learned this lesson early in life. And no, I'm not an English teacher, either. :p

Ron Natalie
02-27-2012, 8:46 AM
I'm still holding out for my "If you can read this you're too damn close" bumpersticker made with a brailletyper.

ray hampton
02-27-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm still holding out for my "If you can read this you're too damn close" bumpersticker made with a brailletyper.

I hope that your bumper are as least 3 or 4 feet high because blind people read braille with their finger tips

Zach England
02-28-2012, 8:54 AM

FYI, they are called "braillers" and these days are about as relevant as an actual typewriter.

Kevin W Johnson
02-29-2012, 2:47 AM
That won't stop some idiot from trying to drive with it plugged in!

Nor will it prevent them from winning a lawsuit after they have wrecked doing so.