PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Terry Hatfield

John Weber
03-21-2005, 1:16 PM
Last week I posted some pictures of my Grandfathers plane that I had cleaned up. As it turned out one of the frog screws had stripped. I didn't have an extra, but Terry offered to send me a replacement, well actually he sent a matching pair with washers. The screws looked like new and if they are any indication of his work, it is outstanding. So Terry, thank you for your kindness and help in getting a plane that really means a lot to me back in action. The thinner .095 LN blade also came in, so here it is ready to plane for another 60 years.

Many Thanks - John

http://www.weberwoodworking.com/pics05/gf3planefixed.jpg

John Miliunas
03-21-2005, 1:56 PM
Very nice, John! Bet you won't be getting rid of that one, no matter what LN has to offer!!!:D Oh, and that was right nice of Terry to come in with the big assist on it! That's what makes this place (SMC) so dern COOL!!!:cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
03-21-2005, 2:19 PM
Man that plane looks brand new! You have done a great job with it.

Terry Hatfield
03-21-2005, 9:05 PM
Well you surely didn't think I was gonna send you some old rusty screws did ya?????? :D

I'm just glad I could have a small part in getting your Grandfather's plane up and going. It sure looks great. You did a fine job on it John.

t