PDA

View Full Version : Harmonica Blues

Jerry Thompson
02-21-2012, 7:04 PM
For over three years I have heard a faint sound of a blues harmonica when I go to bed at night. I spoke to my wife about it and she has not heard it. When I sit up in bed or go outside I can no longer hear it. It was very faint, then around Christmas time it ceased. I thought no more of it until last night. Now it has returned but it louder. It is not loud enough for me to enjoy fully but I like that kind of music and now wish it was louder.
I have no idea what could be causing it. Tonight, if it returns, I will get my wife from the living room and have her jump in the sack on my side of the bed and see it she hears it.
It must be my fillings picking up the sound. If I could only turn it up. I will keep you posted.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon7.png

Van Huskey
02-21-2012, 7:09 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036855/ Maybe? :D

Jim Rimmer
02-21-2012, 9:58 PM
You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Harmonica Zone!

Ted Calver
02-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Tinnitus?? We (both the wife and me) hear what sounds like a distant muffled bass drum just about bed time for about an hour each night. I think it might be a distant pile driver or some industrial night operation. We've been hearing it for years and can't figure it out. Glad we don't hear the phantom harmonica too :)

Rick Moyer
02-22-2012, 4:32 PM
Have any electronics nearby? My parents had a small electronic organ. It had headphones that you could use, so that the person playing the organ would be the only one to hear it. Anyway, sometimes while wearing the headphones (without doing anything else) you could hear a local radio station. Never could figure out why.

Greg Portland
02-24-2012, 12:57 PM
It sounds like Musical Ear Syndrome but that typically only affects people with hearing loss and/or the elderly.

Myk Rian
02-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Years ago I was into CB radio. There are some real powerhouse radios out there. People would come through TVs, radios, toasters, electric blankets, doorbells, even tooth fillings. RF energy can get in some weird objects.
I wouldn't be surprised if you have a local CB'er that likes to play the harmonica on the air. Stranger things have happened. Turn the TV to channel 2 and see if there is interference on it. It would come through an AM radio also.

Bryan Morgan
02-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Was it in D? Sorry, I'll try to keep it down. I picked up a new Johnson blues harmonica in D to go along with this weird slide blues guitar phase I've been going through... :)