PDA

View Full Version : Ted's Woodworking Plans

John Myer
02-20-2012, 5:23 PM
Has anyone purchased "Ted's Woodworking Plans" which is on a CD and apparently contains several thousand plans with step by step instructions? The currently price seems reasonable enough at $67.00, but I would still like to preview it before spending that kind of money. His website contains more hype about the product that substance. I'm interested to hear if any Sawmill Creek members have made this purchase and what the reviews are. Thanks.

Bruce Wrenn
02-20-2012, 9:10 PM
A while back, Wood (or another magazine) did a report on such deals, Seems most plans were stolen from other sources, details and descriptions were sketchy at best. This sounds like a too good to be true deal, which means it isn't, IMHO!

shane lyall
02-21-2012, 2:38 AM
I've never seen them myself so take it with a grain of salt. I visit several forums and on a few they poke fun of this Ted. From what I understand, those same plans are free with a google search or stolen. Not worth shipping even if it were/is free. YMMV.

Van Huskey
02-21-2012, 2:42 AM
I read the same as Bruce but can't remember where.

Paul Gallian
02-21-2012, 3:10 AM
I see them advertised in a sidebar on Facebook -- I try to ignore them

George Beck
03-12-2012, 8:15 AM
http://www.woodworkweb.com/woodwork-topics/woodwoorkweb-news/304-16-000-woodworking-plans-scams-and-spams.html

Might take a look at this.