PDA

View Full Version : Delta 20-950 20" Drill Press

Joe Scarfo
02-20-2012, 1:55 PM
Anyone have experience with one of these? I'm considering picking one up...

Thanks

John Coloccia
02-20-2012, 2:07 PM
I think the variable speed mechanism had some problems, and I don't know what the availability of parts is. Personally, I'd pass. As I understand it, that machine was discontinued for good reason.

Gregory King
02-20-2012, 2:18 PM
I looked at that machine a few years back and when I tried to purchase one it was discontinued. Tells me there were problems. Glad I bought the 18-900L. Wouldn't trade it for any other on the market today. Used it this past week-end. A thrill everytime I hit the switch. Really like the LED snake light.

Van Huskey
02-20-2012, 5:52 PM
I looked at that machine a few years back and when I tried to purchase one it was discontinued. Tells me there were problems. Glad I bought the 18-900L. Wouldn't trade it for any other on the market today. Used it this past week-end. A thrill everytime I hit the switch. Really like the LED snake light.

I assume you mean in the general price point, there are some serious DPs out there!

To the OP that is one I would look at VERY carefully. There were not many made, and discontinued POSSIBLY due to the number of issues with speed control. Great approach to a DP but apparently poorly executed. Reeves drives are great when they are designed and manufactured correctly (ie PM 1150 and 1200) and potentially horrible if poorly designed or manufactured.