View Full Version : Ticked off mouse

Malcolm Timbers
04-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Yesterday while rumaging around in the mess under my drill press I heard some sqeeking that sounded a lot like cursing and suddenly I felt something pulling at my hair. It turned out to be a very upset mouse who was angry about me rocking the box that was sitting on the drill press table where it had built its nest amoung the parts stored in it.

I quickly swatted the thing off my head and all I seen in a flash was a tail and the underbelly as it scooted for a new hideout.

Anybody have plans for a better mouse trap?:confused:

Jason Roehl
04-26-2003, 1:38 PM
5 gal bucket with some birdseed in the bottom and a ramp up to the lip from the floor. Mouse smells food and jumps in, then you may dispose of as you please. My preferred method is a 2x4...thunk, thunk, thunk...

Steve Clardy
04-26-2003, 1:47 PM
antifreeze in the bucket. Makes the insides slick and cannot get out, and drowns. Steve

Mike Evertsen
04-26-2003, 7:13 PM
I have a cat with bad a#@ attitude ,,,,,,,,,,

Kirk (KC) Constable
04-27-2003, 8:45 AM
Get a shop cat. A bored or hungry cat will take care of your unwanted critter problems. Our three spoiled and well fed kitties just this week have eliminated a nest of baby mice, a good sized rabbit, and this morning a bird...all of which they've carried into the house through the doggie door.

KC

Lee Schierer
04-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Bait any trap of your choosing with peanut butter. Tie a bit of cloth onto the trigger and apply peanut butter to the cloth (creamy or crunchy), set the trap and by morning you will have the critter. Usually only takes a couple of hours. Using peanut butter without the cloth tied on the trigger will just make them fatter.