PDA

View Full Version : Nova DVR Tail Stock Problem

wes murphy
02-19-2012, 6:24 PM
While trying to bore a hole in a peice of Cocobolo this morning, I managed to seperate the hand wheel from the tail stock. Not sure how the wheel was held in ther in the first place ... I can see no visible means of restraint. Has anyone experienced with this type of problem? I figure I'll have to replace the entire tail stock, havta all the support shop to find out.Wes

Steve Vaughan
02-19-2012, 6:54 PM
Wes, do you still have the manual that came with your lathe? I've got that lathe too and on page 34 of the manual, there's a drawing showing how the tailstock comes apart. Seeing the picture, and reading what you've posted, it's sounding like the setscrew has loosened and the keeper plate has shifted or vibrated out. You'd have to see the drawing to know what I'm talking about. Be glad to email you a copy of mine if you need it.

Michael Mills
02-19-2012, 6:59 PM
Steve beat me to it.
Here’s the link to the manual.
http://www.teknatool.com/products/lathes/dvr%20xp/downloads/Nova%20DVR%20XP%20manual_Feb%202012.pdf

wes murphy
02-19-2012, 9:04 PM
Thanks guy, i trusted someone would have a answer

Wes

Bob Hamilton
02-20-2012, 7:21 AM
That set screw is very well hidden under normal circumstances, but if you already have the handwheel off it should be visible enough. I managed to lose my keeper plate somehow and had to cut, grind and file a new one out of a piece of scrap metal that was the right thickness for the slot.

Good Luck!
Bob