PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy B & D 5 1/2 inch circular saw

Bobby Shay
02-19-2012, 8:54 AM
Back in the seventies I bought a b & d 5 1/2 inch circular saw, it really fit me well, it was light and the blade was on the right hand side of the motor which made it much easier for me to see where I was cutting. I am a lefty.
If any of you guys out there know of one for sell please point me to it. I am new to this forum and this is my first post, so if I am not posting correctly please let me know.
Also if I can be of any help please let me know

P.S. The model no. of this saw is #7300

Todd Burch
02-19-2012, 9:21 AM
Welcome Bobby.

I have a Sears Professional Grade 5 1/2" circular saw. I love it. I don't even know if they sell it any more. I'll never get rid of it.

Todd

Bill ThompsonNM
02-19-2012, 9:51 AM
Welcome. I think the closest thing to your request is either the skil 5 1/2 inch with blade on the left or the porter cable 4 1/2 inch with the blade on the right. Search for trim saw on the big auction site or amazon. I haven't seen that model for years.

Dan Rude
02-20-2012, 12:05 AM
I too have the Sears Professional 5 1/2", as the other said I love it. I haven't seen it in a while on the web. The Skill is available at Menards around here. The other one I would look at is the RIDGID R3402 8 Amp 5 in. Fiber Cement Circular Saw, and it has dust collection. Put a regular Blade on it and you have a nice saw. The Porter Cable Saw Boss also shows up on CL fairly regular.

Dan

Bobby Shay
02-20-2012, 9:18 AM
Thanks guys for your reply..I found the little b & d in california on craigslist but I was one day late. Seems like there a several people ready to grab these saws when they show up. This is the third one that I have missed......Have a good day......Bobby Shay