PDA

View Full Version : I need help turning on my vac boxes from two locations.

Steve knight
02-18-2012, 8:15 PM
I need help turning on my vac boxes from two locations.
ok I have two van boxes for my cnc router one is 110 it has two blower motors rated at 11.2 amps. Right now I just have them on a 14 gage cord. I am going to try running some 12-2 to the box and see if I can turn both motors on at once. right now I have two switches to turn them one so they don’t pop the breaker. I have another box with two 220 motors that don’t draw a lot and I can use one switch.
what I want to be able to do is start and stop them from each end of my cnc router. The cost of good 3 way switches and the wire gets to be around 100 to do all three. I thought about using the lone ranger auto gate system but that coasts about 120 (110 setup) plus three way switches to set it up.
is there a cost effective way to remotely turn on the motor(s)? using remotes would be a pain as I would need for remote units for both ends. Though if I run a cord for each motor to separate circuits I could turn them both on at once. but the problem with that is I use both my 110 circuits and I can’t run any other tools. what would be ideal is some kind of switch that I could activate with a momentary switch so I would not need heavy wires or three way switches.