PDA

View Full Version : Hints for Dewalt DW735 planer owners

Igor Petrenko
02-17-2012, 3:09 PM
If you think that blades are too dull because you have to push the board real hard to get through try to wax the bottom and folding tables.
To get rid of planer scratches loosen screws on 2 out of 3 blades and slightly move them sideways in random positions.

Almost replaced blades but after those fixes now surface is smooth again and planer pulls 10" board through without help. Blades didnt get sharper but I will definitely get more life out of them.
Waxing will probably help any planer but in my old craftsman I couldnt move blades, here they have prolonged mounting holes that allowed me to do that.

Victor Robinson
02-17-2012, 3:42 PM
Good tips. Another:

When cleaning the rollers, take the extra 5 seconds to raise the planer to its maximum height, and use the freshly cleaned planer bed as a mirror to watch where your hand is going.

frank shic
02-17-2012, 3:56 PM
anyone know if it's possible to spin the rollers by hand or do you just have to turn it on and off repeatedly?

Victor Robinson
02-17-2012, 4:09 PM
anyone know if it's possible to spin the rollers by hand or do you just have to turn it on and off repeatedly?

I don't know of a way to spin the rollers other than on/off but maybe there is a way to disengage them. You can access half of each roller, so you will only have to turn on and off twice or so.

Unless you're the really unlucky type. :D

frank shic
02-17-2012, 5:04 PM
rofl that would be me ;)

Brody Goodwine
02-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Put the planer in between gears/speeds and the rollers will turn freely.

Also buy the infeed/outfeed tables to minimize/avoid snipe.

frank shic
02-18-2012, 12:01 PM
i have a lowly ridgid so no speed control :(