PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Laser help

Tracy Imrie
02-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Our suppliers are closed now for the weekend so once again we ask for your help.

Just finish a job and tried to start new one, everything is fine but the laser is not engraving, it's going through all the motions just not engraving.

Have since problem arose, cleaned all mirrors, but still no change.

Please help if you can

Tracy :confused:

Dan Hintz
02-17-2012, 1:20 PM
Make sure all of the safety interlocks are working... one person even had the magnet from their lid come out of its mount and stick to the switch, so it would fire when the lid was open (I will often open the lid during a run to stop it immediately). One of your magnets may have fallen out, so the safety never closes.

Mark Sipes
02-17-2012, 1:46 PM
Can you see the led lights on the electronics to see if the laser is firing.... if so.....look at tube !

Martin Boekers
02-17-2012, 3:31 PM
Put a piece of masking over the hole on the lense carriage that the laser shine through.
Go to the calibration menu on the front panel. Scroll down and you'll see a menu item
fire laser manually. Do this. This is a laser overide used when alligning the beam.
Want to make sure the laser is firing. If it fires make sure the beam is burning a hole in
the center of the masking tape.

One other issue I have had here is that somehow the air assist nozzle moved and blocked
the beam so check that out!

Tracy Imrie
02-18-2012, 7:46 AM
Make sure all of the safety interlocks are working... one person even had the magnet from their lid come out of its mount and stick to the switch, so it would fire when the lid was open (I will often open the lid during a run to stop it immediately). One of your magnets may have fallen out, so the safety never closes.T

Thanks Dan, your the man, sure enough the magnet was missing in the door, bought 2 from local model shop so have a spare for the next time?

Thank You everyone

Tracy

Bill Cunningham
02-18-2012, 3:05 PM
This has happened to me in the past, you will probably find the magnet stuck to the frame under the table someplace.. The only difference on mine, is it did not shut down the laser. It continued to work fine with just the right hand lid magnet.. I just got tired of looking at the empty hole so I stuck another one in, and sometime later while cleaning the machine, I found the old one stuck to the frame under the table..