PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds

Liesl Dexheimer
02-17-2012, 8:46 AM
I know in the Sawmill Creek forum there is a section for classifieds but it's for woodworkers. Is there a reason why there isn't one for engravers? It may be beneficial to others to have a section dedicated to engravers. I have accumulated quite a bit of stock over the years some of which I know I'm not going to use & would rather let someone else be able to put to good use.

Jackie Outten
02-17-2012, 9:28 AM
Liesl,

The classifieds section is for woodworkers, engravers, cnc people--anyone that has equipment/items to sell. The only requirement is that you must be a contributor to post or respond.

Jackie Outten

Liesl Dexheimer
02-17-2012, 9:31 AM
Ahhh, ok...good to know. I saw it mentioned woodworkers & looked quickly through the classifieds, thought it was limited to just woodworkers. Thanks for clarifying. ;)

Dan Hintz
02-17-2012, 9:44 AM
Nah... occasionally you'll even find full laser systems for sale in there.

Bruce Dorworth
02-17-2012, 11:54 AM
I think you could post there in the classified, then put a post here in the engravers forum that you have something up there for sale. I personally don't look in the classifieds, but if i knew there was something there for lasers I would go look at it.

Bruce

Michael Kowalczyk
02-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Just like newspaper, Craigslist, Ebay or anyone of a 1000 types of selling mediums; what do they all have in common? Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, Times up.

They all have sub-categories and I think that is what Leisl was looking for as would I. If there was a link, for each category, that would post the latest item kinda like whats on the home page for most active. I think it would drive more traffic to it since many probably don't want to have to sift through a whole bunch of Neanderthal stuff to look for laser items (and vice-versa) but if they want to to look they can. This would also allow you to see classified traffic broken down by category.

Just thinking out loud.

Keith Outten
02-17-2012, 9:09 PM
I think you could post there in the classified, then put a post here in the engravers forum that you have something up there for sale. I personally don't look in the classifieds, but if i knew there was something there for lasers I would go look at it.

Bruce

Bruce,

Sorry but we don't allow double or cross posting. If a lot of people started cross posting it would get very confusing. There are individual forums to keep topics of interest in logical order, creating new threads just to point to another thread would be counter productive.

Keith Outten
02-17-2012, 9:14 PM
Michael,

vBulletin isn't designed for auction or sales purposes so it doesn't have the tools built-in to customize forums to the extent we would like. Our Classifieds Forum isn't a primary area here, we provide the forum as a secondary service and we wouldn't want it to overshadow our woodworking forums.

Neil Pabia
02-18-2012, 2:14 PM
I was recently able to buy a rotary attachment out of the classifieds here, good price too.