PDA

View Full Version : Woodworker West magazine

Dave Lehnert
02-16-2012, 9:50 PM
Never heard of it before. Is it any good?

Dan Hintz
02-17-2012, 7:02 AM
Any links to an online presence, pictures of the cover, etc.?

Never heard of it, either...

Dave Lehnert
02-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Any links to an online presence, pictures of the cover, etc.?

Never heard of it, either...

Woodwest dot com.

25th year they say.
Ran across it looking at a GRIZZLY warranty card "How did you hear about us" question.

Thomas S Stockton
02-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Dave,
I subscribe, to me it is worth it and it is not real expensive. The focus of the magazine is the western half of the country and they do a really good job of letting you know what is going on. They usually have 3 or 4 different reports from various woodworking exhibits both large ones like the design in wood show in san diego and small ones from local woodworking groups. They have an extensive list of classes offered broken down by state which is real nice for people interested in things like that. Every month they have a 2 page spread on a different woodworker doing interesting work. They have listings for upcoming shows you can enter and 2 or 3 woodworking related articles every month.
It defiantly is not finewoodworking but it fills a really big hole and is worth checking out and a years subscription is $12 or for a few bucks he will send you a single copy.
www.woodwest.com I just looked at their site and they have a digital version you can look at.
Tom

Steve Costa
02-17-2012, 5:07 PM
I have taken Woodworker West for about 15 years. Has very interesting articles and a Q&A section with David Marks. Also has some woodworking equipment for sale in its classified section. Bought my Keller jig through the Woodworker West ad section. $20 for a three year subscription. You get 6 mags per year. They recently changed to a glossy format. Editor poses an interesting question for each issue and prints the comments.