PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine Jig set up

Dennis Taylor
02-16-2012, 7:30 PM
I have had my jig set up for a long time now, but tonight I noticed that the fee-arm slides into the rail and the tip is centered on the grinding wheel, but when the arm is locked down, it is canted to the right and is no longer in alignment with the wheel, the tool does not seem to align with the center of the wheel, I looked and all the rails are tight and snug, I think 1 time I had the locking cam out, or it came out, and put it back is there a right and wrong way of putting that cam back into the jig? I think it is the locking cam that twists the arm. Any idea's? thanks Dennis

Harry Robinette
02-16-2012, 10:29 PM
You got me on this one. I've been using a Wolverine for 12 years an never heard of this happening.

Jerry Marcantel
02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
When I got my Wolverine stuff, I didn't like the way you had to push the tightening arm away from you to tighten it, so I reversed the cam. It took about a half day to realize that Oneway does know what they're doing when designing stuff. The cam in the new location has a sets crew hole that aligns perfectly on the pocket arm bar and it does start damaging it rather quickly. .... I changed it back to factory set up, and am now used to it........... Jerry (in Tucson)