PDA

View Full Version : Only Took a Year and a Half...

James Combs
02-16-2012, 7:19 PM
... but I got it done in time for Valentines day.

Made this pendant necklace and earrings for the LOML for Valentines day. However, I started it back in May of '10.:eek: Didn't want to get into a rush.:rolleyes: But I got-er-done.

Wood is Cherry with a CA finish. Turned the pendant with my homemade offset chuck (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?140135-Offset-Chuck-from-Bench-Leg-Cutoffs&highlight=). Picked up the hardware at Micheal's and Walmart.
Of possible interest is the eyes used on the earring fobs. They are stainless steel fishing lure screw eyes.;) Probably not something most jewelery makers use.:D My wife love it though she is probably prejudice. BTW the earrings are just hanging on the necklace chain for display.

C&C welcomed.

Steve Busey
02-16-2012, 7:48 PM
Worth the wait, James - what a great looking set! SWMBO must be pleased!

Jamie Donaldson
02-16-2012, 7:52 PM
Looks like everyone's a winner in this deal!

Jim Burr
02-16-2012, 8:12 PM
Sir...or in California...Dude!! That is Macy's good! If you didn't get a big pat on the back...here it is. This work keeps me looking and you dun great!

Steve Campbell
02-16-2012, 8:29 PM
I'll bet some one is very happy. great work on these.

Steve

Ted Calver
02-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Nice work James. Ya can't beat a happy customer.

Bernie Weishapl
02-16-2012, 10:37 PM
James when you want perfection it takes time. Really a nice looking set.

John Keeton
02-17-2012, 6:20 AM
JD, hopefully, you didn't tell her about them beforehand?? If so, I hope you didn't tell WHICH Valentine's Day it would be??

In any event, she should be well pleased. Great looking ensemble. The cherry and silver contrast nicely, and the proportion of all the components is just right. Excellent work!

Michelle Rich
02-17-2012, 7:31 AM
Start making another set right now..you might hit V-day next year!! :-) well crafted!

James Combs
02-17-2012, 3:31 PM
Thanks folks, really appreciate all the comments. The rest of the story is that I hand done these in 2010 for her Christmas but was missing something or other and put them away and of course forgot about them. Ran across them a couple weeks ago just in time to finish for Valentines day.

Worth the wait, James - what a great looking set! SWMBO must be pleased!
Steve she was definitely pleased. She has worn them almost every place she has gone the last week or so.:cool:

Looks like everyone's a winner in this deal!
Jamie, definitely like the win, wins.;)

Sir...or in California...Dude!! That is Macy's good! If you didn't get a big pat on the back...here it is. This work keeps me looking and you dun great!
Jim, I will check with Macy's and see if I can leave them a consignment. :D

I'll bet some one is very happy. great work on these.
Steve
Steve she was definitely a happy lady.;)

Nice work James. Ya can't beat a happy customer.
Ted you know how it goes, got to have happy customers.;)

James when you want perfection it takes time. Really a nice looking set.
But a year and a half....:o

JD, hopefully, you didn't tell her about them beforehand?? If so, I hope you didn't tell WHICH Valentine's Day it would be??
In any event, she should be well pleased. Great looking ensemble. The cherry and silver contrast nicely, and the proportion of all the components is just right. Excellent work!
John she knew about them back in '10 but she had forgot about them also. I like the proportions myself except I thought the chain was a little oversize. It now has a chain that has links about 3/4 the size of the pictured one. Otherwise it is the same. I think it looks better and she agreed.

Start making another set right now..you might hit V-day next year!! :-) well crafted!
Good idea Michelle, I will get started today.:)