PDA

View Full Version : Laser Machines in Florida,Southeast?

Ken Gearin
02-16-2012, 5:47 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and have been reading posts tirelessly over the last few days. I am purchasing a CO2 laser engraver but I would like to purchase from a company that is somewhat local (Southeast U.S). I am in Central FL.

I have been researching American and Chinese lasers and have educated myself to the point that I need to start speaking with people in person and getting real quotes and demonstrations. Sales/service/support is one of my most important considerations.

I have not seen any companies in the SE, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Dan Hintz
02-16-2012, 6:05 PM
Because you're typically not buying from the company, you're buying from a rep... call up the company you want to purchase from and ask who the local rep is.

Jim Reinhard
02-16-2012, 6:51 PM
There is a epilog rep in orlando and a uls rep near lakeland.I almost went with both as they are both great machines.Just got a better price from gcc. A good rep dosent need to be close to be helpful.

Mark Sipes
02-16-2012, 6:54 PM
Go to the ARA Show in Las Vegas in March 7-9 and see all the Major US supported lasers in action. http://www.awebsource.com/expocad_2/shows/ara2012/start.html Exhibitors

Event Info http://www.aralasvegas.com/

Larry Bratton
02-16-2012, 8:19 PM
Some "reps" or distributors are OK, but many of us here have found them to be useless after the sale is made and the check is cashed. I made the mistake of buying a machine because the rep was local. I have not seen or heard from him since he came and set up the machine and waltzed out the door with my check. Suggest you look at the company and the rep as a whole and then make your decision, not solely on the salesman (rep) being local.

Ken Gearin
02-16-2012, 9:51 PM
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the input. Dan, you are right, I planned on calling the corporate offices tomorrow. Typically most of my vendors have the local reps on their websites, as should the US laser companies.

I am pretty confident that I will find that the quality is there in the US assembled units, but I want to see some Chinese units first to either rule them out, or add one or two to the short list. I would also like to find someone that has a unit in stock. I want to make a decision, pay for it, load it in the truck, and get to work.

Sandy Henry
02-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Great rep & show room for Universal lasers. Dade City, FL 800) 374-8928

Dan Hintz
02-17-2012, 7:00 AM
If it's Chinese-manufactured machines you're interested in, your company choice goes way down... to like two (one?). One guy in Texas (?) sells the Chinese machines for a premium, but appears to have a good support history. YMMV...

GLENN BRADDY
02-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I was going to buy a new machine in Orlando from the rep. I used the rep in Orlando to laser about 200 units I was selling. And I used him for prototyping. I ended up buying a used one. I live on the East of Orlando. But Larry might be right. The rep is the operator of a WoodCrafters. So his main business is Wood and Supplies. But I've met him. And used him on a few projects before I purchased my own Laser. He seems ok.