PDA

View Full Version : Gloats not yet materialized

Ken Salisbury
03-20-2005, 11:42 AM
http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/Ancient.gif

I think I have some gloats waiting in the wings. For numerous reasons these gloats have not come to fruition for numerous reasons mainly heath issues (which by the way are rapidly improving)

Some months ago I purchased a new router table top, fence, router lifter and some other router table accessories in anticipation of building a new router table.

I also purchased a Kreg Pro pocket hole system and a large selection of pocket hole screws.

I have an EZ Smart Guide System on the way (can't hardly wait to get that).

My plan is to give the EZ Smart system a proper test (review) by completely building the router table using only the EZ Smart (if that's possible). I will use the Kreg system as the major assembly mechanism which should not only give the Kreg and the EZ Smart a good workout but also give me the opportunity to at least gain some proficiency with both tools.

I also plan a trip Monday or Tuesday to Nashville and snag a 10-20 drum sander from GIS and also pick up whatever it is they are donating to the upcoming SMC Swap Meet.

I will do a complete review of all of these new aquisitions and post them on my website as I proceed - hopefully starting as soon as the EZ Smart arrives.

Corey Hallagan
03-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Sounds great Ken and glad your health issues are improving. What router table top & fence did you go with?

Corey

scott spencer
03-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Aaahhh....the infamous "pre" gloat. Great idea!...the picture rule doesn't apply to pre-gloats!

Glad you're back in the saddle!

Ron McNeil
03-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Ken, I'm really glad to hear your health is rapidly improving. I'm looking forward to your review of the EZ Smart Guide System. :D

Bryan Nuss
03-20-2005, 1:31 PM
Glad to hear you're coming around, Ken. I got myself a Kreg set last November and love it! Don't over-torque the pocket hole screws (DAMHIKT).

Jeff Sudmeier
03-20-2005, 4:02 PM
Ken,

Congrats on all of the pre-gloats, I think? Am I allowed to congrat a pre-gloat w/o pics? hmmm... anyway, glad to hear your health is improving as well!

Terry Hatfield
03-20-2005, 8:44 PM
Yo Grandpa,

Sounds like your getting back into the swing of things. Good for you!!! Nice gloats too. Can't wait to see the router table.

t

Ken Salisbury
03-21-2005, 10:02 AM
What router table top & fence did you go with?

Corey
Rockler table top, fence, feather boards, clamps.

Ken Salisbury
03-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Aaahhh....the infamous "pre" gloat. Great idea!...the picture rule doesn't apply to pre-gloats!

I put a picture in the post :) of me reading the pre-gloat