PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet Planner Software

charlie kapper
02-16-2012, 8:24 AM
I am just about to purchase the software 'Cabinet Planner'. I would apreciate any feedback about that particular software before I purchase. I have looked at SketchUp and it's not the easyist software to learn (for me anyway). I am open to any other suggestions for user friendly cabinet planning software anyone may have used before.

Charlie

Jeff Monson
02-16-2012, 8:59 AM
Charlie, I use cabinet planner quite a bit. I really like the software, especially for the price. They do have a 30 day free trial period also, you may want to give it a test drive first. I've had a couple things I could not figure out with the program. I emailed the guy (cant remember his name offhand), he promptly answered me both times. I would condsider this very easy to learn software.

Bill ThompsonNM
02-16-2012, 8:59 AM
I've been considering the same. I'm making one last very concerted effort with Sketchup, but don't want to spend all of my shop time at the computer. If you buy it.. Please review it

Mike Goetzke
02-16-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm a rookie kitchen cabinet builder and purchased this software based on suggestion here. Not the best software but for the price the best for my needs. It even has 3-d viewing - this saved me more than the price of the software. Our original design looked good in 2-d but terrible in 3-d - so we redesigned it and couldn't be happier. It also has cut list capabilities. Only thing is it takes thought and time to set up your cabinet "standards." Sometimes you need to trick it to make dimensions you want. Best of all Ed the developer is very helpful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Projects/Kitchen/kxxx.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Projects/Kitchen/Cabinets/IMG_2247.jpg

I'm further than this - working on crown and toe kick.

Mike

scott vroom
02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
For the money and ease of use, Cabinet Planner is without peer. It's got some minor limitations but overall is a great value. And as others mentioned the support is excellent.

James Morton
02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I bought it about 2 years ago to design my kitchen. While I am not done with my kitchen yet, I am done with the cabinets, and they turned out very nice. The designer is very quick with responses if you have a question. It takes a few hours of messing around with the program to get the hang of it, but once you do, it becomes very intuitive. The cut lists are great, for both lumber and plywood. Honestly, I couldnt have done it without this program. Even though I was only building one kitchen with it, you just cant beat the features of this program for the price. For less than $100, its amazing. While I have no plans to build another kitchen anytime soon, I will be using it for a bathroom vanity.